Pedicure Choices

I also looked at those two and wondered about them. The main thing I am concerned about is the Fire & Ice doesn't mention application of polish where the Exotic Sole states that it includes a 'pedicure', which to me means nail polish too.

I'll be interested to see what others who have experienced them will say...

If the high price tag is a concern, DW always gets just a "Basic" pedi - they don't list it on the menu but it's there. Usually done on departure day to kill the time before we sail and have presentable toes for the voyage - and normally bringing her own polish from a far wider selection. Yes, it's going to cost more than the neighborhood Chop Shop if there's no offsetting OBC available, I think they offer a bit of a discount departure day and port days.

You're on vacation, live a little. :halo:

• Like 1

Could anyone explain to me the difference between the Fire & Ice Pedicure and the Elemis Exotic Sole Delight Foot Treatment with Pedicure?

Thank you!

Fire & Ice Pedicure = extremely expensive

Elemis Exotic Sole Delight Foot Treatment with Pedicure = insanely expensive

That made me laugh, thank you! (Zavi says "hi" btw)

jj

HA! I was going to say basically the same thing

Ripoff and bigger ripoff. I would NEVER pay those prices for a medicore mani/pedi. Our vietnamese places around here are much better and less than half the price.

Had the Fire and Ice Mani/Pedi on my first cruise. Nothing special. Nothing I couldn't have gotten at home for half the price. They did polish my toes. But I collect (...ok...hoarde) nail polish so I brought my own. Wouldn't do it again.

I think maybe I wasn't clear in my question. I am aware of the cost, my question was what was the difference (other than cost) between to the 2 types of pedicures. When I go to my local place, they have a menu that describes the different things you get for the price. The Cruise Planner has no descriptions.

I swore I would never pay that much for a pedicure. However, on one cruise, my feet were KILLING my by about the third day. I scheduled the Fire and Ice Pedicure and it was pure HEAVEN! For more than an hour she massage my aching legs and feet with a variety of scrubs and creams. Finally, she made my toes pretty. I loved it so much that I did it a second time on that cruise, and have done it on every cruise since then.

I can't speak to the other one as I've never tried it.

$39? Maybe I will wait and see if I get a better deal, on my cruise it's $49 on the first day and then $70 for the remainder.

I see a lot of people saying that it's not worth the cost because they can get better at home, but this is my first cruise/vacation ever, so I don't mind paying a little extra this time for the memories and experience. I just wanted to know what they do differently between the Fire and Ice and the Exotic Sole Delight so I know which one I want to choose. :)

Its $39 (£30) for Fire & Ice so rather expensive but its sounds likes its more than just a pedicure. Still, if my husband agrees to pay for it, I will be first in the queue! lol

Where were you charged that price for the pedicure?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$39? Maybe I will wait and see if I get a better deal, on my cruise it's $49 on the first day and then $70 for the remainder.

Perhaps prices are low here in the South, but I can get a manicure AND pedicure here at home for $30 + tip, making $49 for just a pedicure look like highway robbery.

Yeah, I understand splurging a bit on vacation, but I can think of other things upon which I'd rather spend.

Perhaps prices are low here in the South, but I can get a manicure AND pedicure here at home for $30 + tip, making $49 for just a pedicure look like highway robbery.

Yeah, I understand splurging a bit on vacation, but I can think of other things upon which I'd rather spend.

I live in the south also, but no where can I get a mani-pedi for $30, I could probably get the barebones mani-pedi for $40, but if I just want my nails painted, I could do that myself.

I like the extras, like massage, hot towel, scrubs, lotions, wax, etc and I don't mind paying more for that. I guess if you get a mani-pedi just to get your nails done and be in-and-out, then yes, go for the cheapest, but I get a pedicure as a treat and I like to enjoy the whole experience and if it turns out to be a bad experience then i'll know, either way, I had the experience and created the memory which is the whole purpose of my trip.

I never thought what I thought was an easy question would be so difficult to find an answer to, usually this board is so helpful.

I live in the south also, but no where can I get a mani-pedi for $30, I could probably get the barebones mani-pedi for $40, but if I just want my nails painted, I could do that myself.

I like the extras, like massage, hot towel, scrubs, lotions, wax, etc and I don't mind paying more for that. I guess if you get a mani-pedi just to get your nails done and be in-and-out, then yes, go for the cheapest, but I get a pedicure as a treat and I like to enjoy the whole experience and if it turns out to be a bad experience then i'll know, either way, I had the experience and created the memory which is the whole purpose of my trip.

I never thought what I thought was an easy question would be so difficult to find an answer to, usually this board is so helpful.

I'm surprised. I know I live in a low cost of living area, but I know of at least half a dozen places in my area that offer just what you're describing for $30 + tip.