Adventure of the Seas

We are taking the risk- the cruise is pretty cheap. And it turned out that a flight to Miami and from San Juan is a pretty good price, too.

The gross majority of the modifications are adding of cabins- which are very self contained. So it *seems* as if they can get it done quickly. And since it's really a "wet dock"- some of the processes for the work are not there.

Edit- as a background, we were originally on the full week cruise when they rescheduled the work. And none of the options fit our bill. So we figured to try this one out. We'll see.

I *sincerely* doubt they would cancel. We sailed the same ship in January. It had been in dry dock in October and all of the sailings occurred without delay. What did happen was that some of the planned upgrades got delayed, but given how much $ is riding on these trips, there's no way they're going to cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply, would you have any information about which balcony cabins are redone? I have a friend who sailed on this ship in January 2017 and said that some balcony cabins had been upgraded and the one they had was very tired [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't have that information, but I CAN tell you that my wife and I loved our balcony cabin. We had an issue with the door handle but it was fixed immediately. By far the best thing about that ship was the staff. I still miss them. [emoji22]

The first scheduled sailing out of dry dock is Feb 12, 2018. Any opinions on booking this sailing? Are we taking a chance that they don't finish on time and cancel? It is from Miami to San Juan. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The minimal risk would be if your in one of the cabins added deck 12 forward (I think that is right) People who had those after the first drydock had to change cabins, or their cruise because they didn't get done in the first one. That should be less of a chance this time as they will probably keep the ship till that is done, so could your cruise be canceled? Keep any eye here and specifically the ALL THINGS ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS THREAD.

I *sincerely* doubt they would cancel. We sailed the same ship in January. It had been in dry dock in October and all of the sailings occurred without delay. What did happen was that some of the planned upgrades got delayed, but given how much $ is riding on these trips, there's no way they're going to cancel.

You're probably right, but they are also missing out on additional revenue if those cabins don't get added. I just worry if they get started on them and encounter delays. In all likelyhood they have alloted enough time, but you know how projects can go.

The minimal risk would be if your in one of the cabins added deck 12 forward (I think that is right) People who had those after the first drydock had to change cabins, or their cruise because they didn't get done in the first one. That should be less of a chance this time as they will probably keep the ship till that is done, so could your cruise be canceled? Keep any eye here and specifically the ALL THINGS ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS THREAD.

Right- those should be pretty easy.

It's the ones that are taking the library, RC online, and the concierge lounge that will be the tough ones. They have to cut a hole in the ship at a good point to thread them through and into their new spots. Something over 50 new cabins.

At the same time, I bet the cabins that didn't get cleaned up the first time around will get it this time. It's a pretty long wet-dock.

Any opinions on the bumped out balconies mid ship versus regular balconies? This would be on the Adventure of the Seas.thanks

I love the location and view from those balconies. I'd choose decks 7, 8, or 9.

I love the location and view from those balconies. I'd choose decks 7, 8, or 9.

Bob - I'm taking your advice again and booked deck 7 center hump on my next cruise.

Hopefully you will be keeping an eye on the dry dock progress for us. I think the risk is pretty low that the ship won't be ready, but I imagine some finishing work will still be going on.