Pre and Post Cruise Hotel with Parking in MIA

chiquiDYKE

Looking for recommendations on Hotel in MIA. Driving from NC in Nov for our 10 day Cruise to the Caribbean and need pre and post Cruise stay. Flying is not an option and I don't want to leave my car at the Port. I've found these options at sleep123:

Hyatt Place Miami Cruiseport and Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport and Cruiseport

Holiday Inn Miami West - Miami Cruiseport

Holiday Inn Express, Miami Cruiseport

Anybody here has stayed at any of these Hotels and has experience leaving their vehicle there??

TIA.

The only reason any of those hotel have the word "Cruiseport" in their description is because the reseller website adds it when you put "Miami Port" in the search parameters.

The third hotel on your list (Holiday Inn Miami West) is in a horrible traffic and crime ridden area of the city of HIaleah a good 30-40 minute drive from either the port or MIA. Absolute fraud to market this property as convenient to either.

The other three hotels are in Doral on the west side of MIA. The opposite direction you would be heading if driving into town for a hotel near the port.

Read the shuttle details very carefully. The Holiday Inn offers none; you would be looking at a pair of $45-50 cab rides. Hyatt Place and HI Express each charge $12/person to the port, back to the hotel you are again on your own ($35 or so for a taxi back to Doral). Only the Garden Inn states shuttle for first two persons included in package price, but again only one way.

There are hotels much closer to the port that offer stay-and-park if you book directly with the property (not listed on any reseller site). Check out the Hilton Miami Downtown, Doubletree Biscayne Bay, or Hampton Inn Brickell. They are actually in the locations they claim to be--and even if a tick pricier they are only a 5 minute cab/Uber ride from the port.

The only reason any of those hotel have the word "Cruiseport" in their description is because the reseller website adds it when you put "Miami Port" in the search parameters.

The third hotel on your list (Holiday Inn Miami West) is in a horrible traffic and crime ridden area of the city of HIaleah a good 30-40 minute drive from either the port or MIA. Absolute fraud to market this property as convenient to either.

The other three hotels are in Doral on the west side of MIA. The opposite direction you would be heading if driving into town for a hotel near the port.

Read the shuttle details very carefully. The Holiday Inn offers none; you would be looking at a pair of $45-50 cab rides. Hyatt Place and HI Express each charge $12/person to the port, back to the hotel you are again on your own ($35 or so for a taxi back to Doral). Only the Garden Inn states shuttle for first two persons included in package price, but again only one way.

There are hotels much closer to the port that offer stay-and-park if you book directly with the property (not listed on any reseller site). Check out the Hilton Miami Downtown, Doubletree Biscayne Bay, or Hampton Inn Brickell. They are actually in the locations they claim to be--and even if a tick pricier they are only a 5 minute cab/Uber ride from the port.

Everything above is good advice. Other than Hialeah being crime ridden.

There is a reason these places offer parking as part of the price, they are far from the port.

As long as you are ok with this, then go ahead. But read the details carefully about the shuttles, the cost, if you will get a shuttle back from the port (most times you don't) The hotels are usually in pretty bad locations for anything to do near by, but if you have car that won't be a big issue.

But don't like the deceptive titles fool you, they are no where near the port.

Both the Hampton Inn & Suites- Blue Lagoon/airport and the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables offer a cruise & park package with 7 nights free on-site parking included with your stay. I believe you can pay for additional nights if you need to leave your car there longer. I have personally stayed at both locations with the package and would not hesitate to stay at either one again

Thank you!!!

Already ditched both of the HI's. Hyatt seems like it's just a name and no Restaurant on Site, besides, some reviews say the place is hard to find. Coming from out of State and at night, that's a negative point. The GI has a better chance of scoring a hit with me.

Made a few calls to other Hotels directly (closer to Port) but they either didn't offer parking for the length I needed or no parking at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both the Hampton Inn & Suites- Blue Lagoon/airport and the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables offer a cruise & park package with 7 nights free on-site parking included with your stay. I believe you can pay for additional nights if you need to leave your car there longer. I have personally stayed at both locations with the package and would not hesitate to stay at either one again

Thank you!!

HI CG looks good, will call in the morning. Rooms available for date needed.

HI BL sold out.

[emoji1308][emoji1308]

I would also check the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon for cruise parking packages. Huge rooms, great breakfast, and just around the corner from the Hampton Inn -- about a 5 min walk to the local shopping center.

Thank you!!

HI CG looks good, will call in the morning. Rooms available for date needed.

HI BL sold out.

[emoji1308][emoji1308]

Called HI CG (convenient place and good reviews), I liked what they offered: free schuttle for 2, free breakfast and free parking for 7 days (will pay for the other days, that's np). Reservation is on hold, no deposit and free cancellation 24 hrs before arrival without penalty. I had to make a different reservation for the Post Cruise and the parking fee is different, but I guess for the convenience and peace of mind, we'll just keep the reservations for now, unless I find something better.

Thanks y'all!!!

[emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji1308]