Do excursions count toward $ spent for mariner status?

dbird

Question for you experts :)

I purchased some excursions on the Holland America site while I was logged into my account. Will they count towards my on board spending for my extra cruise day credits for my mariner status?

Yes they will.

And just in case a second opinion is needed before someone says to call Seattle - yes, absolutely. All excursions, beverage cards (except what you get credited back if you don't use it all), beverages, dinners, etc. Bought on line count for your mariner days :)

My experience is that pre-purchased shore excursions are not consistently applied towards on-board spending amounts. Sometimes I find they are, sometimes I find they are not. I am not sure what makes the difference, it's my theory only the gremlins living in HALs computers know for sure.

But I agree the best advice is to call Seattle and ask, and then make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to and keep notes, including the time & date of the call, just in case there are any issues once you are on-board.

My experience is that pre-purchased shore excursions are not consistently applied towards on-board spending amounts. Sometimes I find they are, sometimes I find they are not. I am not sure what makes the difference, it's my theory only the gremlins living in HALs computers know for sure.

But I agree the best advice is to call Seattle and ask, and then make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to and keep notes, including the time & date of the call, just in case there are any issues once you are on-board.

I've never had an issue,but since an email comes with every on line booking, IMO, the best thing to do is to keep the emails.

IF you are not credited a quick call to the Mariner's society would rectify it I am guessing.

I have booked everything from PG dinners to shore excursions to beverage cards and always get credited (and I would say generously ;) ). Of course, unless they create a new star, it makes little difference at this stage of the game, but some little counter (banker) in me makes me look and make sure it is right ;);p;)

I have booked everything from PG dinners to shore excursions to beverage cards and always get credited (and I would say generously ;) ). Of course, unless they create a new star, it makes little difference at this stage of the game,
Same here, at least until we made 4*. Since then I haven't paid much attention because I know we'll never make 5*.

If you're looking forward to reaching your next level, you should know that money spent in advance won't be counted until the end of your cruise.

On a Grand cruise you will get an extra star during the cruise, not at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums