Haven comparisons?

brunolvr

We love the Haven on the Pearl and Jewel. The small intimate area is so nice for relaxing.

We are thinking about booking a future cruise on the Bliss. I know the Bliss isn't out yet, but it is a "Breakaway Plus Class" like the Escape.

Has anyone cruised in the Haven on the Escape? How does the Haven on the Escape (and probably the Bliss) compare?

Which do you prefer?

I've been in the Haven on the Gem and Breakaway. There's no comparison. The Breakaway hands down. You have the courtyard that has two hot tubs, a small pool and two water pool with lounge chairs in them. You also have lounge chairs and by pool some have covers on them to shade you from the sun. You can also eat breakfast and lunch by the pool. Upstairs is a sun deck with lounge chairs. Also you have the Haven lounge and bar. And the Haven restaurant. The good is excellent, but it's the same menu every day. Also the concierge desk is there so you always know where they are in case you need something. On the Gem the courtyard is very small with one pool and one hot tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Haven observation lounge, the full size forward Haven sun deck Bliss' Haven seems to become the largest of the fleet. And the ratio of number of staterooms vs space might be higher than BA, GA or ES I think..

NCL might announce the full deck plans and perhaps some more about Bliss tomorrow, by the end of day.

We've been on the Escape in the Haven. We will be in the Jewel Haven in 3 weeks (I'll try to come back later and compare them). LOVED the Haven restaurant, and the outside seating area for breakfast.. The courtyard was very nice, and the sundeck with Hot Tub was very nice. There was never anyone on the 2nd level enclosed deck area, so we could always find a quite area (we sailed in mid Sept., so fewer kids) It looks like they possibly have more haven suites than on the escape, so I'm concerned there may be more people.. But overall I think you will enjoy the Bliss Haven more than on the Pearl/Jewel. I am interested in seeing what the observation lounge will be like.

It looks like Bliss has fewer Haven suites than Escape and Bliss has more "Haven only" public space. Both ships have 3 Haven hot-tubs (2 in courtyard, 1 on sundeck for Escape/ 1 in courtyard, 2 on sundeck for Bliss). The Haven sundeck on Bliss looks to be almost 3x larger than the one on Escape.

We've been on the Escape in the Haven. We will be in the Jewel Haven in 3 weeks (I'll try to come back later and compare them). LOVED the Haven restaurant, and the outside seating area for breakfast.. The courtyard was very nice, and the sundeck with Hot Tub was very nice. There was never anyone on the 2nd level enclosed deck area, so we could always find a quite area (we sailed in mid Sept., so fewer kids) It looks like they possibly have more haven suites than on the escape, so I'm concerned there may be more people.. But overall I think you will enjoy the Bliss Haven more than on the Pearl/Jewel. I am interested in seeing what the observation lounge will be like.

You are on the September 2nd. Jewel cruise to Alaska? Uhhhh never mind....I see that you are on the Sept. 9th cruise.

Edited by NancyL2

It looks like Bliss has fewer Haven suites than Escape and Bliss has more "Haven only" public space. Both ships have 3 Haven hot-tubs (2 in courtyard, 1 on sundeck for Escape/ 1 in courtyard, 2 on sundeck for Bliss). The Haven sundeck on Bliss looks to be almost 3x larger than the one on Escape.

Keep in mind that the Bliss is spreading their Haven cabins all over the ship whereas the Escape had the deck 16 Spas, Deck 17 and deck 18 and a handful elsewhere.

Bliss Haven will be on the decks 17 and 18, and spread forward and aft and in between from at least decks 9 through 15. Yes, everything is yet to be announced but for what we have seen there are far, far more Haven cabins on Bliss. They will need the extra sun deck space.

Keep in mind that the Bliss is spreading their Haven cabins all over the ship whereas the Escape had the deck 16 Spas, Deck 17 and deck 18 and a handful elsewhere.

The H6 + H7 total 26 staterooms on Escape and 24 on Bliss (the H8 is really a H7 on Bliss).

Bliss Haven will be on the decks 17 and 18, and spread forward and aft and in between from at least decks 9 through 15. Yes, everything is yet to be announced but for what we have seen there are far, far more Haven cabins on Bliss. They will need the extra sun deck space.

Escape: 95 suites total

55 inside the Haven

40 outside of the Haven

Bliss: 80 suites total (unless I miscounted)

50 inside the Haven

30 outside of the Haven (if leaked plans are correct)

Edited by Two Wheels Only

The H6 + H7 total 26 staterooms on Escape and 24 on Bliss (the H8 is really a H7 on Bliss).

Escape: 95 suites total

55 inside the Haven

40 outside of the Haven

Bliss: 80 suites total (unless I miscounted)

50 inside the Haven

30 outside of the Haven (if leaked plans are correct)

I believe deck plans are posted on NCL site. I was looking at Bliss to Alaska and each category had deck plan displayed. Cannot see Aft AD Suite on Bliss.

Cannot see Aft AD Suite on Bliss.

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

281x146_ncl_Bliss_Hvn_Aft_PH_H6_Bdrm.jpg

With access to The Haven, these Penthouses feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. They offer unforgettable aft-facing views.

Deck Location 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Aft

Category cat-escape-h6.gif

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/cruise-ship/bliss/deck-plans

That's what I meant in my post but it got lost in translation :)

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

281x146_ncl_Bliss_Hvn_Aft_PH_H6_Bdrm.jpg

With access to The Haven, these Penthouses feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. They offer unforgettable aft-facing views.

Deck Location 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Aft

Category cat-escape-h6.gif

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/cruise-ship/bliss/deck-plans

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for Handicapped Aft Penthouse Suites. (AD)

Symbol on deck plans is a square where others have triangle and plus sign etc.

We love the Haven on the Pearl and Jewel. The small intimate area is so nice for relaxing.

We are thinking about booking a future cruise on the Bliss. I know the Bliss isn't out yet, but it is a "Breakaway Plus Class" like the Escape.

Has anyone cruised in the Haven on the Escape? How does the Haven on the Escape (and probably the Bliss) compare?

Which do you prefer?

The OP is asking for a comparison of the Jewel class Havens and the larger ship Havens. I'll offer this: If you like the "small and intimate" Haven on the Jewel class ships you may find the experience very different on the Escape class ships.

The Haven on the larger ships is generally still much quieter and relaxing than the non-Haven areas of the ship, but I wouldn't call it "small and intimate," except in comparison to the non-Haven areas. There are far more cabins in the Haven itself, plus the other suites around the ship also have access to the Haven. This results in many more people in the Haven, but the space itself isn't equally bigger. The pool deck in the Haven quickly fills up, and the pool itself is very small. As has been the subject of much discussion here, if there are unruly, unsupervised kids running wild in the pool area, it will not be a relaxing environment.

None the less, you can still find quiet and less crowded areas. The upper deck above the pool almost always has plenty of space, and the private Haven sundeck (with a hot tub) is always quiet and not too crowded.

On the flip side, having a private restaurant and lounge for the Haven in the big ships is a huge plus. The food in the Haven restaurant is excellent, and the service and peace and quiet in the restaurant are outstanding. About the only drawback is that the menus do not change over the course of a 7 day cruise...this, IMO, is something that NCL needs to address.

I'm quite sure you'll still enjoy your Haven experience on the larger ships, just be prepared for it to be a little different.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for Handicapped Aft Penthouse Suites. (AD)

Symbol on deck plans is a square where others have triangle and plus sign etc.

I didn't know that you meant HC.

Neither Bliss nor Escape has a HC H6 but both have a HC H7 (13106 on both).

Another option would be 17124,18124 on Bliss or 17126,18126 on Escape.

You are on the September 2nd. Jewel cruise to Alaska? Uhhhh never mind....I see that you are on the Sept. 9th cruise.

Looks like my math was off a little...lol. :confused:

Enjoy your cruise. Don't use up all the fun, leave some for us. :cool:

Any thoughts on how the Epic Haven stacks up? (Both HC/rooms quantities, but more generally speaking of "enjoyability").

Loved the Escape Haven but the Getaway Haven just wasn't as great (IMO) comparatively speaking. We're going on the Epic in Nov and have high hopes for the Haven area, having seen it before and also had Posh access. Any one able to help compare/contrast?

I have been in the Haven on Gem and Getaway. I found that even though the Haven in smaller on the Gem, it is far more quiet and relaxing, which is part of why I like the Haven. On the Getaway (and that class of ship) there are so many people that you have to sit on the upper level (which I was fine with), very noisy, and alot of people in the little pool that you could only dip in and get out if you didn't want to be bumped around (I can go the main pool on the ship if I want that). I am sailing on the Breakaway in January and I expect it will be a similar experience or maybe I'll be surprised! Enjoy your cruise!