Naples Port - Book at port side tours??

Malemew

Med ports traditionally don't have a lot of "on-the-spot" offerings the way Caribbean ports do but this is changing. In the last year or so a couple of new companies have popped up in Naples offering van trips to Pompei but there isn't as yet a great variety of offerings to chose from. If there is something specific you want to do it's best to book in advance.

most people pre book private tour operators

however in Naples when you exit the port area there will be a line of taxis and their drivers trying to impress you with their English

there will be a printed list inside the cab with set fares to most popular tourist sites

eg drive to Pompeii or Herculaneum with 2 hours there before they meet you to take you back to the ship

we did this to Herculaneum last year and the driver was very keen to persuade us to add on a visit to Vesuvius as well

drive to

I did have some luck in rome port once. I booked a bus to town, not a tour. I did not see anything like that in Naples though.

Why don't you prebook a tour? My very favourite tour ever was with Joe Bananas or italytoursharing.com They take you from Naples port to Sorrento, Positano and lunch at La Taglianno. IF you go on your roll call, you can find people wanting to share or you can start a tour and get a group of 8 together. IT works out cheaper and you will know what you are doing ahead of time (do what you want to do).

Why don't you prebook a tour? IF you go on your roll call, you can find people wanting to share or you can start a tour and get a group of 8 together. IT works out cheaper and you will know what you are doing ahead of time (do what you want to do).
It's less expensive than a ship's excursion, but if cost is the primary concern DIY is the least expensive, by quite a lot. Naples is a very easy port from which to DIY with the exception of the Amalfi Coast, which can be reached by public transit within the confines of a port day but it's pretty rushed.