Dawn Princess AA & AB aft cabins

KAKcruiser

I am thinking about returning to Princess after 5 years with HAL. Does anyone know the difference between the AA & AB cabins? They seem to be similar sizes. Which is the best cabin to book? Sorry if this information has been posted before but I'm new to this board and the search function is not working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAKcruiser:
I am thinking about returning to Princess after 5 years with HAL. Does anyone know the difference between the AA & AB cabins? They seem to be similar sizes. Which is the best cabin to book? Sorry if this information has been posted before but I'm new to this board and the search function is not working.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AA Cabins are full suites and the AB are mini suites.

BECKY
DAWN PRINCESS 3/05
ISLAND PRINCESS 11/03
OCEAN PRINCESS 3/02
GRAND PRINCESS 10/00
DREAMWARD 11/93
CELEBRATION 9/91

I went to several cocktail parties on the Dawn in one of the aft AA category cabins. There was no table inside the cabin but a nice sized balcony table (not the normal tiny one) with 4 chairs. Even though I was there numerous times in the evening and spent a lot of time out on the balcony, I can not remember if they were totally private from above or not though, sorry.
But the cabin was lovely and since it is a full suite, you will be able to take advantage of all the new perks that come with it, which are not offered to any of the mini suites.

Caribbean Princess 8/14/04
Tahitian Princess 10/14/04
RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

I quickly put some pics up on the web:

[url="http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum39.html"]Dawn Suite pics[/url]

I am 90% sure I have the 3 rooms correct - please if anyone thinks I am wrong - please let me know.

This is a temporary album -I will take it down this weekend. I plan on incorporating the pictures into other albums (in my spare time).

here is a good website for 360 degree pics:

[url="http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=11272&vessel=172&lineid=40&mpg=t&p=/tours/thumbs/princess_40/172/40_172_mini_suite_with_balcony_category_ab_cab.jpg&pg=3"]360 degree tours[/url]

Click previous 10 for AA cabin.

I would not book B750. We had that suite in Sept. 2002 (Alaska) and it was the worst cabin I have ever been in. I was so disgusted I only took two pictures of the suite. Curtains had make up on them, carpet was peeling away from entance to the balcony and had cigarette burns (put a throw rug over it). Bed was really uncomfortable-it kept separating even after we had one of those pads put in the middle. Late afternoon appetizers were always the same-chocolate covered strawberries. Fruit bowl was NEVER refilled. Room service (for drinks and snacks) was absolutely horrible, except for breakfast. Shower was the ONLY thing that was great in that suite. Make-up mirror in bedroom was unusable due to lighting. I was VERY disappointed in Princess' suites. Other than extra room, I am still trying to figure out what I paid SOOOO much extra money for. Definitely not up to X or HAL standards.

We loved C749 on our cruise in April! The balcony is partially covered so you can get sun and shade- it is also very private. The rooms and bathroom were also very nice- Coral's pictures show it well. We had 16 people in for a cocktail party and had plenty of room. While I did have issues with some of the perks, it was not as horrible as greatam posted about their cruise. We had different canapes everyday and could order any of them we wanted. The room was very well kept up and we had a lovely stewardess. (she just wasn't well informed about suite amenities) I loved the Dawn and would sail her again; but for the price difference would consider the mini suite that was next door to our suite. It seemed just as roomy, and if you don't need the "perks" it would be a better deal. I have a post somewhere on this board about My Suite Experience, it was posted sometime at the beginning of May if that helps you. I would take an upgrade to this cabin anytime [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Karen

Archived