separate kid accounts

Our two kids will be in their own cabin adjoining ours... woohoo.

Because our kids tend to fight over everything, is there a way to have separate on-board accounts for each of them?... or do they have to share the cabin account?

I was hoping to just load them each up with a certain amount and tell them "when it's gone it's gone".

Every person by default gets their own account tied to their room card

When you check the account on the TV it will show who charged what. That's the only way I could show DW it really made sense for her to get the drink package.

However, I am not sure how that works for what your are trying to do. Maybe peer pressure will work or not?

Hmmm.. I thought the default was a cabin account meaning everyone in the cabin was on the same account.

I'd be very happy if each individual has their own account

Nope, the default is each person has their own account. Now, if you take responsibility and arrage all accounts to one credit card, then they will be combined with your charges.

Nope, the default is each person has their own account. Now, if you take responsibility and arrage all accounts to one credit card, then they will be combined with your charges.

True, so you would have to set each kid up on a different form of payment or I guess a cash account for each I am thinking you could buy OBC for each kid and put it on their accounts and when it's gone it's gone.

Hmmm.. I thought the default was a cabin account meaning everyone in the cabin was on the same account.

I'd be very happy if each individual has their own account

Each SeaPass card has their own folio number on it.....charges can easily be seen for each individual on your cabin TV.

True, so you would have to set each kid up on a different form of payment or I guess a cash account for each I am thinking you could buy OBC for each kid and put it on their accounts and when it's gone it's gone.

You should put limits on the accounts too, because even with a cash account, Royal will let them charge up to $500 over any credits on the account. See Guest Services for the limits. Also ask GS if the limits apply to the arcade, because on some ships they (conveniently) cannot limit the arcade charges.

I set up cash accounts for both my children and they were not able to use it once the money was gone. I suggest you buy the arcade game cards because they used ,out of their money at the arcade which was very expensive. They give you extra money in the game cards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums