Over-the-door shoe organizer

KelJ

We are leaving a week from today, and I am grabbing those last-minute items. Our Dollar Tree has a shoe organizer that has a chain at the top and hangs on a hook. I couldn't find one that goes "over a door" as people have suggested. Are there hooks on the bathroom doors in a JS on Voyager? I also found what is called a child's shoe organizer that is on a hanger that I figured I could hang in the closet. Thanks for any help!:o

How many will be in the JS? There is a LOT of storage space as well as a walk in closet, you may not need to take one. We bought one at Linen and Things, didn't even take it with us. In fact it's still in the package.

There are usually hooks on the inside of the bathroom door, however they would not be high enough for it.

Have fun planning :D

###

We are leaving a week from today, and I am grabbing those last-minute items. Our Dollar Tree has a shoe organizer that has a chain at the top and hangs on a hook. I couldn't find one that goes "over a door" as people have suggested. Are there hooks on the bathroom doors in a JS on Voyager? I also found what is called a child's shoe organizer that is on a hanger that I figured I could hang in the closet. Thanks for any help!:o

KelJ. I leave in eight days myself, but on Vision. I found a eight (8) pair shoe holder at Rite Aid a few days ago for $4.99. It hangs over the top of any door with three "Z" shaped hooks and looks to be pretty sturdy.

Hope this helps you.

What about a Command Hook? It's made by 3M. Stick it wherever you need it, and at the end of the cruise just take if off and take it back home. Does no damage to surfaces. I have these things all over my house.

http://www.3m.com/intl/ca/english/centres/home_leisure/command/products/index.jhtml

You can buy them at Wal*Mart, Target, etc. I'll be bringing some on my next cruise!

If I recall – all ships have a large hook right in the room ( where the breakfast room service menu is usually displayed) – so the chain will be fine. We’ve hung our holder on the room hook to hold items that would clutter the vanity.

What you get at the dollar store will be fine.

Have fun - Marci.

I just returned from the Jewel and was so glad that I had my over-the-door shoe organizer. I bought mine at Walmart for about $5.99 and it was the second time I used mine on a cruise. I also picked up a second one at the Dollar Store that had a hook for the closet. I discovered that it was so cheap and useless that I threw it away and didn't even use it. My advice is to splurge at Walmart for the good one.

I just returned from the Jewel and was so glad that I had my over-the-door shoe organizer. I bought mine at Walmart for about $5.99 and it was the second time I used mine on a cruise. I also picked up a second one at the Dollar Store that had a hook for the closet. I discovered that it was so cheap and useless that I threw it away and didn't even use it. My advice is to splurge at Walmart for the good one.

The over the door organizer from Walmart was the best think I packed on my recent cruise! It is a life-saver for keeping things organized while sailing! I will never cruise without it!!!

I Didn' T Bring One. Had A Js And It Had Plenty Of Storage. I Don't Know What I Would Have Used It For If I Had Brought It. The One Thing I Did Bring And Was Helpful Was A Suction Cup Holder For The Toothbrushes. Stuck It To The Mirror. Kept Them Off The Surface Of Vanity & Shelves.

I Didn' T Bring One. Had A Js And It Had Plenty Of Storage. I Don't Know What I Would Have Used It For If I Had Brought It. The One Thing I Did Bring And Was Helpful Was A Suction Cup Holder For The Toothbrushes. Stuck It To The Mirror. Kept Them Off The Surface Of Vanity & Shelves.

Where did you find the suction cup toothbrush holder? Couldn't find one at the Dollar Tree yesterday. Does Walmart have them?:confused:

To the op yes there are hooks on the doors...;) We use a Dupont (I think...:o) adhesive for "other" things (I don't know the name, but it's blue, in color, and is in "puddy" form and works excellent)... In fact, the room stewards always ask about it...;) The command strips work good for door hangings...

Where did you find the suction cup toothbrush holder? Couldn't find one at the Dollar Tree yesterday. Does Walmart have them?:confused:

I found ours at the Dollar Tree store. It was a little out of the way but right by the bar soap up high. Maybe sometime before you trip they might stock some more.

Hi,

After buying one for our Voyager cruise at Target and really finding it helpful, we also took ours on our Legend of the Seas cruise and a Sovereign of the Seas cruise. Really found it a great way to keep the bathroom organized. Then I loaned it to a friend who probably left it on the ship. She claims she can't find it. I tried to find another one like it at Target for our upcoming Mariner of the Seas cruise and the only ones they have now are tan colored, our other one was clear so it was easy to see what was in each pocket. I finally found a clear one at K Mart that looks very close to what we had. This one won't be loaned to anybody!

I found the over-the-door shoe organizer (23 inches wide -- is that okay?) and the suction-cup toothbrush holder at Walmart today. Yay!! Also picked up my underwater disposable cameras, magnetic hooks, pop-up hamper, Downy wrinkle releaser and Bonine. :)

Archived