Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

Carnival's turnovers are Saturday and Royal Caribbean's are Sunday, so the announcement that you're praising Carnival for having made today would not be expected from Royal Caribbean tomorrow. People were saying about Carnival what you're saying about Royal Caribbean today. The problem is neither cruise line... It is the industry, and specifically the economy segment of the market.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You mad bro.... The last few posts have done nothing but bash Carnival.

You mad bro.... The last few posts have done nothing but bash Carnival.
"Haters gonna hate."

I think people are just stressed about the circumstances and emoting. It's fine as long as it's kept in perspective

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

"Haters gonna hate."

I think people are just stressed about the circumstances and emoting. It's fine as long as it's kept in perspective

People may be stressed about what is happening but they have right to feel the way the do because that is their perspective. No need to bash them for how they feel. I would be upset if other cruise lines were taking the action that Carnival has even for the Sunday sailings.

Did you even read what you responded to? I said it was fine. No bashing going on. Regardless, the other cruise line is taking the same action. Again, this is the industry. This is the standard of service. The lesson to learn is to assign expectations with this.

Carnival's turnovers are Saturday and Royal Caribbean's are Sunday, so the announcement that you're praising Carnival for having made today would not be expected from Royal Caribbean tomorrow. People were saying about Carnival what you're saying about Royal Caribbean today. The problem is neither cruise line... It is the industry, and specifically the economy segment of the market.

Actually, they are doing the credits for Breeze on Sunday as well. some folks have already received credits.

Actually, they are doing the credits for Breeze on Sunday as well. some folks have already received credits.
But not yet for Liberty OTS.

Did you even read what you responded to? I said it was fine. No bashing going on. Regardless, the other cruise line is taking the same action. Again, this is the industry. This is the standard of service. The lesson to learn is to assign expectations with this.

Yes I read what you posted and first you are miss informed the Breeze comes in the same as RCI and Carnival is already taking care of those passengers. So your wait and see argument is null and void. So right now Carnival's standard of service is above your standard of service. So where should someone put their expectations with Carnival who has stepped up or RCI who hasn't?

"Haters gonna hate."

Says someone who has nothing on the table. I tend to "emote" when I lose a couple thousand dollar vacation. I think I am completely within perspective. Carnival has offered people options for both days. RCI has done nothing and refuses to. Defend that if you wish, but as I say it is not your money nor your vacation.

Yes I read what you posted and first you are miss informed the Breeze comes in the same as RCI and Carnival is already taking care of those passengers. So your wait and see argument is null and void. So right now Carnival's standard of service is above your standard of service. So where should someone put their expectations with Carnival who has stepped up or RCI who hasn't?
What are you talking about? Carnival waited until today for two ships scheduled to embark *tomorrow*. Two ships. We won't know what Royal Caribbean will do the day before embarkation until tomorrow. The fact that Carnival did something different with a third ship does not nullify what they did for two ships.

Again, it is the industry. This is the industry standard. Neither cruise line is evil. They're practicing the standard.

But not yet for Liberty OTS.

"Liberty OTS" is Royal Caribbean. ALL Carnival cruisers for the weekend were offered credits earlier today, including Sunday.

Says someone who has nothing on the table. I tend to "emote" when I lose a couple thousand dollar vacation. I think I am completely within perspective. Carnival has offered people options for both days. RCI has done nothing and refuses to. Defend that if you wish, but as I say it is not your money nor your vacation.

Hang in there EB, I feel confident you will get your money back although it may be in RC credit. Keep positive man. GL

I live in the Houston area and they are not talking about a hurricane. The weather apps on my phone are not calling for hurricanes, just tons of rain, which stinks because I work saturday.

Gee that seems so long ago as a Cat 4 is making landfall and cruises are stuck in the Gulf through the weekend! ;p:o:eek:

Just read this:

There are four different cruise ships that were headed to Galveston that are now stuck out on the water. They are being forced to remain in the Gulf of Mexico at this time and it doesn’t look like they will be able to go in to port at the next expected time either. As of right now, the ports are closed until at least Tuesday.

Carnival spokesperson Christine de la Huerta said the Carnival Freedom and Valor will stop in New Orleans on Saturday. This will be so they can get food and supplies for the passengers. At least, passengers will be taken care of and have the prospect of having a good time on their unplanned extended vacation. While they are in New Orleans, passengers can get off and then find their own way home or get back on the ship and go to Galveston.

Does anyone have an official source on the port being closed until Tuesday?

Edit:

Found it. http://www.gvnews.com/national/news/cruises-could-be-kept-out-of-galveston-until-tuesday-due/article_1710d591-5b86-58d5-893e-24fb5f14624b.html

I doubt it. The port itself won't know until after the weather passes and they make their inspections and assessments. That may be Tues or even later.

Actually it does due to the fact that RCI has the same info as Carnival and they have refused to step up to the plate. Last night no one knew for sure what was going to happen or how long it would impact the area. So again you are left grasping.

Agreed. Yesterday was 48 hours from landfall. More margin for variation in path. Now we are at the point of landfall and the storm has increased 2 categories. Totally different set of parameters today.

Lol RCL must think if they ignore the Hurricane, it'll just go away. They just left Cozumel and informed passengers they will dock on Sunday as scheduled. I'd like to see what kind of trick they have up their sleaves.