Harmony of the Seas for Teens

Blampa

Good afternoon fellow cruisers, my wife and I will be taking our three kids (20, 18, 16) on Harmony of the Seas in June 2018. While we actually did sail on Oasis of the seas in 2016 and know a little about these ships I wanted to throw it out to you all to see if there are any secret gems that we need to look into.

Does anyone out here have older teens that can give some insights to all the goings on aboard this ship?

We know all the main things like the slides, the flow rider, zip line, rock-climbing, etc but what else is there on this ship that we need to make sure we check out.

This cruise will be heading to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel. Does anyone have insights to some "don't miss :cool:" excursions for any of these or better yet "don't waste your money :mad:" excursions?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

No HOTS info as we'll be on there in March. I strongly recommend Blue Hole in Jamaica. I have fairly adventurous kids (16 and 13 at the time) and this was by far their favorite excursion. I booked a private driver in advance and while a drive, it was absolutely worth it.

The ship was practically built with kids in mind, as there are massive rock walls, many slides, a zip line, numerous pools, etc. Plus, Royal has a good teen program that I am sure they'll like, and if not they can just go to meet some kids, and then do whatver they want. Labadee has the longest zipline over water in the world, plus the bobsled ride, and I believe an in-water water park. It's a private destination for Royal so I imagine they have a lot of fun things for your teens to do. Climbing Dunns River Falls would likely be very fun for your kids in Jamaica. In Cozumel, there is soemthing for everybody, and maybe a catamaran beach/snorkel excursion or a beach day trip would be good for you and your family. ome fun times that could be had with you and your kids.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...

We will be traveling with our 13 yr old boy girl twins on the 12/2/17 sailing. Any other teens aboard? It's their first time on RCCL, they've been on Disney several times. I want them in the Teen Program & wondered if any here have had past experience with it on Harmony and could share any tips.

Thanks

We will be traveling with our 13 yr old boy girl twins on the 12/2/17 sailing. Any other teens aboard? It's their first time on RCCL, they've been on Disney several times. I want them in the Teen Program & wondered if any here have had past experience with it on Harmony and could share any tips.

Thanks

Check your Roll Call for other teens:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2328297

Thanks

The biggest tip is to go the first night. There will be ice breaker/get to know you games and then the teens will separate themselves into groups to hang out with. That being said, I would have no idea how many teens would be on a non-school break cruise...on school break cruises there are tons.