Balcony on Royal

suekel

Good afternoon. We have a standard balcony and am curious about size. Reading through here it sounds like they are smaller. How much smaller are they than a balcony on the Caribbean Princess? We do like to spend time out there and it looks like Deluxe Balconies are still available if I want to upgrade.

thanks

Unless I'm mistaken, the size of the balcony itself is the same for deluxe balcony cabins as it is for standard balcony cabins. I was in a deluxe balcony cabin earlier this year and found myself coveting the balconies of the ships that were docked across from us!

Good afternoon. We have a standard balcony and am curious about size. Reading through here it sounds like they are smaller. How much smaller are they than a balcony on the Caribbean Princess? We do like to spend time out there and it looks like Deluxe Balconies are still available if I want to upgrade.

thanks

This is a Balcony on the Regal, sister ship.

ddc64e5e39bcb127906360a08b0ca424.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want very large balconies, then the forward cabins on Lido and Marina decks would be a good choice. We love L101.......huge balcony and it's so convenient being on Lido deck. Marina deck would be my second choice if Lido was not available. You get 2 lounge chairs and a large dining table on the balcony. You could easily fit 10 people out there for a cocktail party!

Unfortunately, deluxe cabins only offer a sofa over the standard furnishings. Balconies are the same size. If you don't mind being high up and forward, then check out these cabins. They are deluxe cabins, as well. These sell very quickly, so you must grab it immediately.

Looking at M101. Can it only be used while in port? That appears to be what the website is saying.

No.......you can use it anytime.

Many times when the ship is underway the wind can be brutal so sometimes you would not want to use it.

Those are big balconies but they have a steel railing instead of glass, so when you are seated you will not be able to see straight out unless you stand up.

Check out this video I think at around 10:29 mark. I think this is L105. It is similar (M-101 balcony maybe a smaller/still a lot bigger then the original balcony you were looking at) but gives you an idea of the railing etc.

Edited by Colo Cruiser