Adventure of the Seas questions

accio_7

Hello everyone,

Well, I booked an 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise a few weeks ago on Adventure of the Seas departing on December 8th, 2018 and I'm super excited! Going to be travelling solo and staying in one of the new Studio Interior with Virtual View staterooms on Deck Two, first cruise on my own :D Just have some questions:

1. I noticed on the deck plan that my stateroom 2235 is located underneath the Lyric Theatre, but I did some research and apparently the majority of the productions while be over by the time I retire for bed. So, while noise won't be a major concern for me, I was wondering if I should switch my stateroom to 2239 if it is available as the rooms look kind of bunched together on the deck plan. Your thoughts?

2. Has anyone cruised solo before and has any tips for me? How did you like the Studio staterooms? While I love my family, I really prefer travelling alone because I can plan my own itinerary and still socialize on my trip :)

3. What is the weather in the Caribbean like in December? I've cruised in February, March, April on an assortment of Western Caribbean cruises.

4. Our ports of call include Labadee, San Juan, Philipsburg, Basaterre, all new ports for me! Any must-see places to visit or things to do? I'm undecided as to whether I will purchase an excursion, but I am definitely bringing my personal snorkel gear :)

I've already decided to get the soda package, but I'm planning to wait next year to purchase it. (I've been told that the packages frequently go on sale throughout the year.) Generally I like that RCI gives the customer the option to pre-purchase almost everything so that the trip is almost paid off by the time the cruise rolls around :)

Thanks ahead in advance!

To my knowledge, the solo staterooms do not yet exist on Adventure, and if so, there won't be anyone to report experience.

The weather in the Caribbean in December won't be much different than in February. Mostly warm and sunny, temps around 80F.

To my knowledge, the solo staterooms do not yet exist on Adventure, and if so, there won't be anyone to report experience.

The weather in the Caribbean in December won't be much different than in February. Mostly warm and sunny, temps around 80F.

Thanks Bob, appreciate the feedback!

The soft drink package seem to hardly go on sale. We did get the Royal Replenish package on sail on this ship back in July. It seems to go on sale quite a bit. I got it for the Oasis in December on sale a few days ago, also.

Not sure what your interests are but Bernards Tours in St.Martin is a nice book your own tour. We have done it twice. If you have interest, you can check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Thenford Gray has a really nice tour on St.Kitts that we enjoyed. You can see reviews for that on TA, also.

San Juan is all dependent on when you arrive as far as any tours that you might want to try.

Hope your trip is great. We really enjoyed our recent trip on the AOS.

The soft drink package seem to hardly go on sale. We did get the Royal Replenish package on sail on this ship back in July. It seems to go on sale quite a bit. I got it for the Oasis in December on sale a few days ago, also.

Not sure what your interests are but Bernards Tours in St.Martin is a nice book your own tour. We have done it twice. If you have interest, you can check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Thenford Gray has a really nice tour on St.Kitts that we enjoyed. You can see reviews for that on TA, also.

San Juan is all dependent on when you arrive as far as any tours that you might want to try.

Hope your trip is great. We really enjoyed our recent trip on the AOS.

The Thenford Grey Grand Tour of St. Kitts is fabulous! He has other tours also. Prices are reasonable and you will not be disappointed. Check out his site at http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

Thanks Bob, appreciate the feedback!

I would encourage you to follow the thread ALL THINGS ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS. I imagine as they start phase 2 of the refit, there will be a lot of discussion.

We did the Skyline Safari in St. Kitts (twice, actually). It's great fun. In St. Maarten, we've done the Phillipsburg Family Challenge (like the Amazing Race) and had a lot of fun. It doesn't matter that you are traveling solo...they combine people to make a team. We've also done horseback riding on St. Maarten, too, which was very enjoyable.

I have done both Bernard's tour in St. Maarten and Thenford Gray in St. Kitts and had a wonderful time on both, I would recommend them to anyone. San Juan is a favorite port and Old San Juan is small enough to tour on your own. I really liked both the forts.They are inexpensive (both for $10.) One do not miss for me is Casa Cortes. Everything has chocolate in it. I had my first chocolate grilled cheese and it was amazing.

You are going to have a blast! AOS is our favorite ship! Just a few tips for places that we love in those ports you are going to!

St. Kitts - Carambola Beach Club. They have a wonderful restaurant and great chairs on a beautiful beach. We did quite a bit of snorkeling there and the water was very clear. Taking a taxi to get there is pretty inexpensive.

St. Maarten - Pinel Island. We discovered this perfect location last year! Multiple snorkeling opportunities as well as hiking through the deserted island to see different beaches on each side of the island. You will see wildlife as you walk around the island. Can't recommend it enough!

If you'd like to check out my review from this past January on Adventure, you will find pictures and more information for the 2 locations I talked about above! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455277

Enjoy your cruise!!