Best Beach at Labadee?

dedosr

The last time we stopped at Labadee, after doing the Zip Line we went to Adreneline Beach. It was extremely rocky. This time we want to spend time on a nice sandy smooth beach after the Zip Line. We are not in a suite or above so we can't do Barefoot Beach Club. Which beach is better Nellie's Beach or Columbus Cove?

We were on the shuttle last time we were there, and the driver refused to drop us off at Columbus Cove. Others were meeting family members, but the driver still refused and kept going to another beach.

I guess to spread us out.:*

We've taken the water taxi direct from the pier to Columbus Cove. It's a one-way trip, you have to take the tram back.

We've taken the water taxi direct from the pier to Columbus Cove. It's a one-way trip, you have to take the tram back.

Can you give me more information about this? Where do we get the water taxi and what is the cost? Does Columbus Cove tend to be crowded? Is there much shade there? How do we catch the tram back and does it go all the way back to the pier? Thanks.

Can you give me more information about this? Where do we get the water taxi and what is the cost? Does Columbus Cove tend to be crowded? Is there much shade there? How do we catch the tram back and does it go all the way back to the pier? Thanks.

The water taxi is free and is right next to the pier where the ship is docked. To catch the tram back you walk to the tram stop and get on when it stops there.

Another vote for Columbus Cove. Not sure which ship but Anthem did not use water shuttle. There are 2 different 'sand' shuttles. One goes to CC bypassing the aggressive vendors. Just make sure you get the correct one. Or, better yet, if you have a group, rent a bungalow at CC; much less expensive than cabanas and you can get a private 'golf cart' style transport (just bring your receipt to prove you've got a bungalow).

Another vote for Columbus Cove. Not sure which ship but Anthem did not use water shuttle. There are 2 different 'sand' shuttles. One goes to CC bypassing the aggressive vendors. Just make sure you get the correct one. Or, better yet, if you have a group, rent a bungalow at CC; much less expensive than cabanas and you can get a private 'golf cart' style transport (just bring your receipt to prove you've got a bungalow).

How would we know which shuttle is the correct one? There will only be 4 of us so I would imagine the bungalow would be pretty expensive. How could I find out information about renting a bungalow? Thanks.

How would we know which shuttle is the correct one? There will only be 4 of us so I would imagine the bungalow would be pretty expensive. How could I find out information about renting a bungalow? Thanks.

You can rent a bungalow using your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

Only 1 person books the bungalow (not 4) The price is for the bungalow (I think up to 8 ppl). It's about $250. They supply towels, float mats, water, 'cabana boy' to get drinks and watch your stuff, private lounging area in front of your bungalow. Pretty sweet actually. And you're close to the BBQ lunch area. If the BBQ area isn't open you can get a private cart to take you over and back to the closest BBQ. Bring tip money for attendant and driver.

Only 1 person books the bungalow (not 4) The price is for the bungalow (I think up to 8 ppl). It's about $250. They supply towels, float mats, water, 'cabana boy' to get drinks and watch your stuff, private lounging area in front of your bungalow. Pretty sweet actually. And you're close to the BBQ lunch area. If the BBQ area isn't open you can get a private cart to take you over and back to the closest BBQ. Bring tip money for attendant and driver.

I had previously booked a Columbus Cove bungalow for our February Oasis cruise for $250 (up to 8 people). Last week when some of the excursions went on sale, I was able to rebook the bungalow for $200.

Would you recall at approx what time the water taxi leaves from the pier? We usually get off the ship too late and have to take tram over to Columbus Cove. Thanks

Following - just interested in what's best. I heard Nellie's was the best a while back but now everyone seems to like Columbus more.

I thought that Columbus was near kids activites and better for families while Nellie's really had nothing going on and was better for kid free groups.

Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the Labadee of 20 yrs ago before they started "improving" it?

It used to be a little paradise. Now it's like a damn city. Paved roads, buildings everywhere. Paid beaches.

This was my favorite place back in 1997 then again in 2000 and 2001. By the time we went back, it had totally changed and lost its charm.

The only thing on Labadee was the beach, food, Dragons Breath,and volleyball courts. You could actually walk all the way around the island without worrying about being on someones "private" beach that you didn't pay for.

Love Labadee! If you get off the ship as soon as it is cleared, my suggestion is to go directly to Nellies beach......

I've been there many times, grab a chair down by the waters edge and usually have approx 2-3 hours with the beach all to myself before the masses arrive! Lol

Best time of the day and absolutely beautiful!