RCL Emergency number to contact Paxs on ship/cabin

nelblu

Does anyone have the tel. # for emergency. Also, any detailed procedures would be helpful.

Your friends and family can contact the ship by dialing

(888) 724-SHIP (7447). They can call (732) 335-3285

for access from outside the U.S. The cost is $7.95 per

minute and can be charged to their American Express,

MasterCard or Discover. (From outside the U.S., additional

long distance charges will apply.)

Your friends and family can contact the ship by dialing

(888) 724-SHIP (7447). They can call (732) 335-3285

for access from outside the U.S. The cost is $7.95 per

minute and can be charged to their American Express,

MasterCard or Discover. (From outside the U.S., additional

long distance charges will apply.)

Bob, to confirm: If the 888 # is called is the call re-directed to the ship (Brilliance) and does RCL charge the credit card at the rate of $7.95 per minute.

Bob, to confirm: If the 888 # is called is the call re-directed to the ship (Brilliance) and does RCL charge the credit card at the rate of $7.95 per minute.

Correct, and the charge starts as soon as the ship answers. Be sure to know the stateroom number.

Does anyone have the tel. # for emergency. Also, any detailed procedures would be helpful.

The previous posts are all helpful to answer the original question.

Another option is to use phones via WIFI onboard many of the ships today (not all, and which one is in play was not posted so far). We've used our phones via WIFI on all 3 of the Oasis class ships multiple times and got solid connections, both inbound and outbound - and cheaper than a 15 - minute call @$7.95 the conventional way.

If it's available...the WIFI phone call approach is a better alternative. On top of that....you can then use phones beyond just for an emergency.

The previous posts are all helpful to answer the original question.

Another option is to use phones via WIFI onboard many of the ships today (not all, and which one is in play was not posted so far). We've used our phones via WIFI on all 3 of the Oasis class ships multiple times and got solid connections, both inbound and outbound - and cheaper than a 15 - minute call @$7.95 the conventional way.

If it's available...the WIFI phone call approach is a better alternative. On top of that....you can then use phones beyond just for an emergency.

I understand from the ship, however, this is to the ship. Also, are you saying that if my cel phone is on Wi-Fi, I can answer while on the the ship (Brilliance) and save the per minute charge.

I understand from the ship, however, this is to the ship. Also, are you saying that if my cel phone is on Wi-Fi, I can answer while on the the ship (Brilliance) and save the per minute charge.

Yes, if you have WiFi calling enabled.

However, I would also give out the emergency number, I've been using WiFI calling for about a year, and every once in a while someone will tell me that they tried to call and I got no indication whatsoever.

You might check with your cell provider about international coverage your plan provides, I have Sprint and can get free voice in most Caribbean countries and a little data. If you don't want to buy the wifi, you can just disable data roaming on your phone and pay the per minute price that your cell provider charges for calls. You only pay if you pick up.

I'm guessing from your posts that you are looking for information to leave with loved ones while you are on an upcoming cruise?

Once your cruise documents are ready, just email your loved one a copy. The packet includes your itinerary, stateroom assignments, how to reach the ship in an emergency, how to reach Royal Caribbean, etc. It would include any information that a loved one would need in the event of an emergency.

In the unlikely event this is an emergency you can also call the travel agent that booked the reservation. We have then had the party paged on the ship to guest services to call us and received no charges. Again, this was only for an emergency.

Can someone please tell me how to enable the WIFI calling on an iPhone 5S?

I have bought the Voom and Stream package and I am sailing on the Oasis.

I just get confused when it come to this WIFI phone usage.

Also, can I use ship WIFI to Facetime and Skype or are these separate charges?

Thanks for your help.

Nancy

Can someone please tell me how to enable the WIFI calling on an iPhone 5S? ...

Contact your carrier, or check their website. Each carrier has phone model and IOS minimums for WiFi calling.

Can someone please tell me how to enable the WIFI calling on an iPhone 5S?

I have bought the Voom and Stream package and I am sailing on the Oasis.

I just get confused when it come to this WIFI phone usage.

Also, can I use ship WIFI to Facetime and Skype or are these separate charges?

Thanks for your help.

Nancy

On board ship and connected to the ship's WiFi in Settings put iPhone in Airplane Mode and then turn WiFi back on. Then scroll down through your Settings and select Phone and then Select WiFi calling and turn it on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have an iPhone and the other party has an iPhone, you can iMessage a text over wifi. My sister and I did this too keep in contact with our mom on our 2016 cruise. It was nice to have the phone in airplane mode most of the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My kids who are more teck advanced than us, just signed us up for Verizon "Travel Pass." It cost $10 per day and gives the user unlimited calls while off ship. Charge is incurred only if used on a specific day.

Here's the specs:

TravelPassSM Countries

Now your wireless plan travels just like you do. For just $5 a day per line in Mexico and Canada and $10 a day per line in more than 100 countries you can take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you. You're only charged on the days you use your device abroad. It's an economical way to stay connected while you travel.

My kids who are more teck advanced than us, just signed us up for Verizon "Travel Pass." It cost $10 per day and gives the user unlimited calls while off ship. Charge is incurred only if used on a specific day.

Here's the specs:

TravelPassSM Countries

Now your wireless plan travels just like you do. For just $5 a day per line in Mexico and Canada and $10 a day per line in more than 100 countries you can take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you. You're only charged on the days you use your device abroad. It's an economical way to stay connected while you travel.

We've used that service twice. Worked out quite well actually.

We used wi-fi calling on harmony a couple weeks ago... worked perfectly for incoming and outgoing calls.

On iPhones... you have to enable wi-fi calling BEFORE turning on airplane mode.

Go to SETTINGS.... PHONE.... WI-FI CALLING. Then Turn on WI-FI CALLING FOR THIS PHONE. It may prompt you to enter your emergency address... really wont matter on a ship.

THEN

TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE

TURN ON WI-FI and CONNECT to Royal Wifi

We used wi-fi calling on harmony a couple weeks ago... worked perfectly for incoming and outgoing calls.

On iPhones... you have to enable wi-fi calling BEFORE turning on airplane mode.

Go to SETTINGS.... PHONE.... WI-FI CALLING. Then Turn on WI-FI CALLING FOR THIS PHONE. It may prompt you to enter your emergency address... really wont matter on a ship.

THEN

TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE

TURN ON WI-FI and CONNECT to Royal Wifi

Great info to share with everyone.

We did that as well on Harmony back in April.