Booked yesterday, payment today have 2nd thoughts

Sea and Me

I booked the Caribbean Princess for 10/7/17 yesterday, payment due at 5pm today. After reading the posts about changing ports etc. was wondering should I cancel and look for another cruise. Really wanted St. Martin been to St. Thomas many times!! The 3 for free is coming soon and maybe get a good deal with that sale. I am debating about cancelling, any thoughts??

Your currently booked cruise won't qualify for the 3 for free I believe since it is for cruises from Summer 2018 to Spring 2019.

Ports are never guaranteed but if a port is very important to you and your current booking won't take you there, then cancel and book a cruise that does go there. If the new cruise starts in Summer 2018, you will be able to take advantage of the 3 for free promotion.

Good luck!

Your currently booked cruise won't qualify for the 3 for free I believe since it is for cruises from Summer 2018 to Spring 2019.

Ports are never guaranteed but if a port is very important to you and your current booking won't take you there, then cancel and book a cruise that does go there. If the new cruise starts in Summer 2018, you will be able to take advantage of the 3 for free promotion.

Good luck!

The problem with that is if you book on Caribbean Princess the ongoing propulsion issue will almost certainly result in an itinerary change down the road. We booked for March 18 of next year. We booked it back in August of 2016. The itinerary has now been changed. One can't count on the stated itinerary staying in place when booking on Caribbean Princess.

The problem with that is if you book on Caribbean Princess the ongoing propulsion issue will almost certainly result in an itinerary change down the road. We booked for March 18 of next year. We booked it back in August of 2016. The itinerary has now been changed. One can't count on the stated itinerary staying in place when booking on Caribbean Princess.

Yes. I wasn't suggesting booking another cruise on the Caribbean Princess, just another cruise (and I should have said ship) that has St. Maarten on the schedule :)

Take it from a fellow last minute booker: "second thoughts" are our worst enemy.

The itinerary is usually not the first consideration for a 14 night cruise. It comes after (1) is this a convenient time for me to be away for 2 weeks; and (2) will I be comfortable and content on this particular ship for the fortnight?

Yes, if you put the original and revised itineraries side-by-side you may not like the changes. But ask yourself: was I ever considering this cruise and/or this date prior to the revision? If 'no' then you have to not let your second thoughts sabotage the decision you made yesterday. At whatever point you decide to pull the trigger on your booking, you have to stand firm and dismiss as noise any negatives that may pop up. Otherwise your last minute booking becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of disappointment.

And as others have said, don't expect a sailing already past final payment date to be included in any future promotions that pop up in the interim. If you were happy with the price yesterday you should still be today. Bottom line is that you have to decide if you are genuinely experiencing "booker's remorse" and should postpone, or if your second thoughts are mere noisemakers to be swatted away.

I decided to cancel the booking that I had for 10/7/17. It is still showing on the website as not being available, in fact, it shows all ocean view obstructed as non available. It will probably take a while for it to get through the system. We did a few land vacations this year with family so that will be it for this year.

Thanks to all for your posts and information. I hope all have a great weekend and enjoy your future cruises.

I decided to cancel the booking that I had for 10/7/17. It is still showing on the website as not being available, in fact, it shows all ocean view obstructed as non available. It will probably take a while for it to get through the system. We did a few land vacations this year with family so that will be it for this year.

Thanks to all for your posts and information. I hope all have a great weekend and enjoy your future cruises.

Sounds like you had your doubts about this cruise ? You made the right choice I suspect .

Book the exact cruise that you wish for next year , watch for the Sales

even after you book it , then re fare .

Most TA's will always do better than booking Princess directly ( because they can ) .

I would have done the same if I had second thoughts, rather than regret it later on.