Information on BVE

Cher7

We would like to bring our family onboard and I have some questions regarding the procedures involved. How far in advance do you have to register with Princess?

Can your TA take care of this?

How early do you embark and is there a special line?

Is there a guided tour or can we show them around?

Is there a designated lunch?

Is there a designated time for them to be off the ship?

Cost per person?

If there is anything I've missed, I'd appreciate any information and I thank all in advance.

We would like to bring our family onboard and I have some questions regarding the procedures involved.

How far in advance do you have to register with Princess? Booking the BVE closes seven days before sailing (or of course when the 50 slots are full). It opens early in the calendar year of sailing (cannot book for 2018 [other than early Jan cruise from Ft Lauderdale] or 2019 yet).

Can your TA take care of this? Yes. You need to give your TA full info and ID numbers for each guest just as if booking a cruise.

How early do you embark and is there a special line? Find the person working the priority check-in entrance and let them know you are a BVE group. You should be one of the first on board. Though you may have to be a bit persistent.

Is there a guided tour or can we show them around? Likely you will be offered a guided tour, which you can decline. They can accompany you anywhere on the ship.

Is there a designated lunch? Tables set aside in the MDR for BVE guests.

Is there a designated time for them to be off the ship? I believe 90 minutes before sailaway. Or when an announcement is made for 'all ashore'

Cost per person? $39 per guest (No add'l charge for those on the cruise)

If there is anything I've missed, I'd appreciate any information and I thank all in advance. See link below for Princess' official blurb on the program.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

If anybody on the BVE is interested in cruising they can purchase FCD while onboard just as if they were on a cruise. Also, if they do book a cruise the cost of the BVE is applied to the cost of the cruise.

OK I see in your signature you are on Star Princess next month. If that is the cruise you are inquiring about then your question (and my answers) are moot. Princess does not offer the BVE on the open-jaw Voyage of the Glaciers sailings: only in US ports so not Vancouver, and remote Whittier is unlikely to attract anyone just in town to see their friends and family off.

A link to the full 2017 BVE schedule is in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52226794&postcount=18

I will hope you are really asking about a future cruise you haven't listed in your signature yet, and are awaiting the 2018 schedule to be released.

If anybody on the BVE is interested in cruising they can purchase FCD while onboard just as if they were on a cruise. Also, if they do book a cruise the cost of the BVE is applied to the cost of the cruise.

If booked within 90? days.

OP - Also, anyone can do a BVE. You don't have to be associated with a booked passenger to book a BVE.

We booked the BVE on our own

Be sure your reservations are linked

You board right after any wedding parties

Unless it has changed as with any other guest the BVE guests are allowed to bring on one bottle of wine pp

That can be left onboard with the sailing guest

And don't forget, the BVE passengers that aren't sailing on the cruise will still need appropriate identification to go onboard. And be sure that your reservation number is linked with theirs. While your TA might be able to take care of this (I've not done it that way, though), Princess can take care of this for you as well.

They will be given an actual confirmation number and will have to check in online with some personal information, much as you do, but just not that extensive.

The payment for the BVE is non-refundable and non-transferable ... so, in the event the BVE passenger cannot go, it cannot just be transferred to another person.

The BVE passenger will have to be registered with a credit card in case they want to purchase something while onboard.

Don't forget to have them pick up your free boarding photograph(s) before they disembark.

I believe they may be able to even book a massage if they choose to do so. I think they just have to be sure to be off the ship by the time of the muster drill and are allowed to leave at any time before that.

While they can have a nice meal in the MDR, which includes a glass of wine (or beverage of their choice within limits) with their meal. They can also eat at any of the dining areas throughout the ship.

And, they are also able to bring one bottle of wine onboard (if they are of age) without corkage in addition to those you can bring....if that is of any interest to you.

They can purchase a future cruise credit while onboard and the payment towards the BVE can also be credited towards a future cruise. From what I've read, you can even stack these BVE credits. Nice if you live near a port that offers the BVE. You do not have to be or know a passenger to purchase a BVE.

While they can have a nice meal in the MDR, which includes a glass of wine (or beverage of their choice within limits) with their meal. They can also eat at any of the dining areas throughout the ship.

Took our son on a BVE and the waiter wouldn't let him order anything without charge if it wasn't the free wine. YMMV a lot since Princess ships are not known for consistency.:')

Took our son on a BVE and the waiter wouldn't let him order anything without charge if it wasn't the free wine. YMMV a lot since Princess ships are not known for consistency.:')

Too bad. My niece was able to get a beer and then a specialty coffee as well. Bet that wouldn't happen again.

Normally I don't care but this is one case I wish the OP had returned to respond. If only to confirm the sinking feeling that they were looking for the BVE for a cruise from Vancouver where it is not offered.

...and also because the OP asked the same question a month ago

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2524154

but nobody responding on that thread thought to ask (and the OP didn't volunteer) which embarkation port they were asking for the BVE from.