Kids and seapass cards

How do you guys handle these? I know she will spend time in AO but I am not sure if she keeps her card on her all the time or what? She is 3 so not really going to have a real handle on keeping track of it. Are they allowed to use lanyards? or wrist bands? How do you all ID your kids on the ship?

How do you guys handle these? I know she will spend time in AO but I am not sure if she keeps her card on her all the time or what? She is 3 so not really going to have a real handle on keeping track of it. Are they allowed to use lanyards? or wrist bands? How do you all ID your kids on the ship?

They expect them to use a lanyard - I believe that they give each child an Adventure Ocean lanyard. :)

You didn't ask this specifically, but your child will also be "banded" with a semi-permanent (it's supposed to last the entire cruise, through swimming and bathing) wristband that identifies the family's muster station, so that they can bring you your child in case of emergency.

You didn't ask this specifically, but your child will also be "banded" with a semi-permanent (it's supposed to last the entire cruise, through swimming and bathing) wristband that identifies the family's muster station, so that they can bring you your child in case of emergency.

Yea! I remember seeing kids with those on our past cruise.

Kids that young do not need to carry a Seapass card. I also wouldn't use a lanyard (strangulation danger - that's why hoodies don't have strings any more). Older kids yes, but not a three-year-old. At that age there is nothing that they would need to charge.

When you first board children are given a band (kind of like a hospital ID band) so staff can identify in an emergency. That's all she needs.

I think we kept my son's seapass card with us. He was six. We let him carry it and wear it when he was with us. Otherwise, he would just lose it from fidgeting with it. They do get a wrist band.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll need it with you anytime the child gets on or off the ship, but generally not at any other time.

My kids are 4 for 6 on getting a lanyard at Adventure Ocean, but most of the cruise just leave their cards in the cabin.

ETA... the lanyards provided by Adventure Ocean have safety snaps to prevent strangulation.

A 3 year old has NO need of her card....YOU carry it. Until a child is old enough to go about on their own, they have no need to carry that. She will be WITH YOU, if she's not in the club. You keep her seapass with yours. Very easy.