Southampton to London by car and vice versa

eliana

Thanks Hattie. Unfortunately that thread dealt mainly to and from Heathrow and Southampton. We live near central London and the Smith cars recommended in that thread are very expensive. We really would like to book a transfer by car whilst onboard.

I would imagine a private taxi from Southampton to central London is not going to be cheap, say at least 2 to 2.5 hours each way.

I don't think Cunard do such a transfer, and if they did, it would be way more than you could book it for yourself anyway. To give you a very recent example; 4 friends had to organise their own transfer recently from Venice to the airport. Cunard wanted $300 for the coach transfer. They booked at taxi at the dockside for 50 euros.

I would imagine a private taxi from Southampton to central London is not going to be cheap, say at least 2 to 2.5 hours each way.

I don't think Cunard do such a transfer, and if they did, it would be way more than you could book it for yourself anyway. To give you a very recent example; 4 friends had to organise their own transfer recently from Venice to the airport. Cunard wanted $300 for the coach transfer. They booked at taxi at the dockside for 50 euros.

Oddly enough, it seems like Cunard's coach transfers are only competitively priced for single travelers. Cunard wanted $80 for a coach transfer for two from LGA to Red Hook, and a taxi should cost half that.

Thanks Hattie. Unfortunately that thread dealt mainly to and from Heathrow and Southampton. We live near central London and the Smith cars recommended in that thread are very expensive. We really would like to book a transfer by car whilst onboard.

I don't really understand why you want to book it whilst on board. I am sure a reputable local taxi service would be much cheaper than anything Cunard would sell you. I believe there is also a company called something like Ports Direct(?) who offer such a service.

We've booked Smiths for our trip from Southampton to Heathrow. 3 adults plus luggage is £85, which I thought was quite reasonable. My normal car service from our home in north Jersey to Newark airport, for just 2 people (smaller car) about 30 mins. drive, usually costs about $75.

I don't really understand why you want to book it whilst on board. I am sure a reputable local taxi service would be much cheaper than anything Cunard would sell you. I believe there is also a company called something like Ports Direct(?) who offer such a service.

Perhaps to use OBC ?

We used Blackberry cars to go to and from Southampton from Marylebone area of London. Both times, the drivers were great (on our way to Southampton, our driver found us a great place to stop for wine). I wouldn't hesitate to use this service again - and it is less expensive than Smiths.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d10606698-Reviews-Blackberry_Cars-London_England.html