LIVEish, 9 Days on Anthem (8/31/2017 or 31/8/2017 better yet August 31, 2017)

chandom

Did you find out where the free pasteries are???? If so, what did they have?

MARAPRINCE

They charged for them even though they said they were free. They were different items throughout the cruise. One time we even found the same cake in the WJ! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Did you find out where the free pasteries are???? If so, what did they have?

MARAPRINCE

Still not 100% sure on this one. On the final day wound up getting four. One wasn't charged, one was removed after saying something, and two were charged.

This is the case at breakfast

a67de746f316696c41b7c9af52fd4426.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome thread. Star class is so confusing but you helped answer a lot of questions. Has any done room 10324 on anthem?
I was in 10724 right next to 10324.

Any questions about the room?

Edited by chandom

I was in 10724 right next to 10324.

Any questions about the room?

A website claimed that it was a more spacious room-closer to 800 sq feet vs 700. It was on cruiseline: Size: Dimensions vary: Deck 8: 795 sq. ft.; Balcony: 216 sq. ft. Deck 10: Staterooms 10320 and 10720: 696 sq. ft. Main Balcony: 236 sq. ft. Main Side Balcony 72 sq. ft. Upper Side Balcony 53 sq. ft.; Staterooms 10324 and 10724: 840 sq. ft. Balcony: 216 sq. ft.

Is that true? If so, was there any downside? (worse view, crappier furniture, etc?)

Did you get three balconies or just one large one?

Also, is there only one full bath on the 2nd and a half on the 1st? If true, I would be slightly disappointed because I rather keep my kids on the first floor, but such is life.

Edited by Jerseygirl2624

MDR Lunch Menu and Dessert station

Hi, and thank you for the live report from Anthem oTS, including all the uploaded menus! :cool:

Since we are booked on that cruise for OCt. 2018, this helps quite well.

One question regarding the lunch menu: Do they always offer the same meu when lunch in MDR is served? Or does it also vary?

I know it's just opened druing sea days, but I'd like to see a changing menu from sea day to sea day, though...

Stopped at Beal's Lobster Pier for lunch. For the record that was a 2.5 pound lobster with a pound of mussels.

90162b474abd4b58eea39588c2725d3f.jpg

Do you mind if I ask, how much did you pay for the lobster?

and please font say market price :cool:

Great review, we will be taking our first RCCL cruise in March.

Do you mind if I ask, how much did you pay for the lobster?

and please font say market price :cool:

Great review, we will be taking our first RCCL cruise in March.

Total bill was $70.70

Breakdown

2x beers $6ea ($12)

1x 2.5 lb softshell lobster $12.99 a lb ($32.48)

1x The Captain ($12.99)

Tax ($4.60)

The Captain is corn, biscuit, and a pound of steamed muscles.

Photos galore of 10724: https://www.mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/83

As previously mentioned, one large balcony. Saw the corner rooms, downstairs area seemed stuffed. Also the upstairs area had only one closet. However, the corner lofts have a table outside for four while the middle one is for two.

I'll have to dig for any balcony shots of 10724, can't find the ones I might have taken.

Total bill was $70.70

Breakdown

2x beers $6ea ($12)

1x 2.5 lb softshell lobster $12.99 a lb ($32.48)

1x The Captain ($12.99)

Tax ($4.60)

The Captain is corn, biscuit, and a pound of steamed muscles.

I don't even eat lobster but this felt like the real deal..perfect setting on a dock by the water. Rustic looking place and you order at a counter and they pull your lobster right in front of you and weigh it. It was everything I would have expected a Maine lobster experience to be. I enjoyed my "muscles" and beer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Photos galore of 10724: https://www.mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/83

As previously mentioned, one large balcony. Saw the corner rooms, downstairs area seemed stuffed. Also the upstairs area had only one closet. However, the corner lofts have a table outside for four while the middle one is for two.

I'll have to dig for any balcony shots of 10724, can't find the ones I might have taken.

Cool. Thanks! Wonderful photos!

Hi, and thank you for the live report from Anthem oTS, including all the uploaded menus! :cool:

Since we are booked on that cruise for OCt. 2018, this helps quite well.

One question regarding the lunch menu: Do they always offer the same meu when lunch in MDR is served? Or does it also vary?

I know it's just opened druing sea days, but I'd like to see a changing menu from sea day to sea day, though...

Anthem only seems to have two sea day menus. Very tedious, especially on a longer voyage. The buffet next to the salad station changes from day to day.

Anthem only seems to have two sea day menus. Very tedious, especially on a longer voyage. The buffet next to the salad station changes from day to day.

Okay, so not really comparable to the other lunch menus and offerings on the other RCI ships, like Serenade otS, for example?

But as far as I know, RCI features a little self-service-area during lunch in MDR. Seems they also feature it on Anthem, as far as you write...