Professional Photos - Oasis of the Seas - Aug 20 2017

I just returned home from my 'first, most amazing, beyond my wildest dreams' cruise. I cannot yet express the wonderful time we had (thanks to Cruise Critic for all the advice, answers, etc). The only issue we had was with the professional photos and I was wondering if this is a reoccurring issue, or just unique to this specific voyage. I was not the only one with a major problem, there were several people who were upset, angry and totally discouraged, I am wondering how this could have even happened on such an organised ship? Since the photos could only be ordered on the last day, when I went to place my order, photos were missing from my binder, missing from my folio on the kiosque and I was not able to process my order at all (they kept telling me to try a different kiosque). When I finally had an attendant place my order at front desk he said that there were 2 orders processed and he 'hoped' I would be credited for one of them I was told to return at 11:00pm for pick up, I stayed until midnight and still could not pick up my CD. I went back at 6:30 AM as I was told and by 7:30, people were yelling, in tears and fighting because their photos were lost, or paid for and not delivered. I had never expected to witness such incompetency on this ship. I was travelling with 2 other families, and we all had similar issues, as well as the many other people I spoke with in the line ups. And, as luck would have it, I was never credited for the CD that I was charged double for. I am wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something like this?

This happened on our Allure sailing on Aug 20th as well. Pics were lost after day 5. They said a server error has deleted all photos and that included the backup. That is what the ppl in the photo shops told everyone. Alot of ppl were upset especially ones that bought the photo packages

They lost a lot of ours as well on the Eclipse cruise. We had several photos taken in specific areas of the ship because of the unique nature of the cruise, but when we went on Saturday to view/retrieve them most of them were missing. What was the most frustrating was that some of them showed up on the Kiosk system but were not retrievable by the clerks, and some of the ones that had been in the folio were no longer there.

Same problems on the May 28th Allure sailing. Extremely disappointed because this is the first time my two teenagers had cruised and we have no formal photos to show for it. Luckily I'm still one of those 'old school' people who also uses an actual camera so at least I have those. Whether they are RCCL employees or not, they represent the cruiseline and should be expected to provide the same level of impeccable service.

As I understand it, the photos are handled by a vendor and the people who take care of them are not actual RCCL employees.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:)

Whether true or not - that does not excuse RCCL from responsibility. Their vendors are an extension of their company, and therefore, vendors represent RCCL as if they were one in the same. Especially from the POV of the passengers.

As I understand it, the photos are handled by a vendor and the people who take care of them are not actual RCCL employees.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:)

True, both photo operations and all of the merchandise shops onboard are third-party contract companies.

True, both photo operations and all of the merchandise shops onboard are third-party contract companies.

I have heard that it's a third party too. However, The prints and digital photos were being delivered to the photo coulter by RC employees around midnight and there was so much of a disaster that I even saw a frazzled RC employee running with a photo bin, and he ended up tripping and falling. My concern right now is how to request a refund for the digital cd I was double charged for (many guests also paid photos too that were never delivered). It's exasperating

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My concern right now is how to request a refund for the digital cd I was double charged for (many guests also paid photos too that were never delivered).

I would start with Royal Carib Consumer Relations - 800-278-4737. Good luck.