Upgrade/ Upsale

volmoma

Great question!

If I booked through a TA, could we still get a call from Carnival with an up-sell offer?

Doubtful they are trying to move cabins and understand that if they call TA, they will have to wait while TA calls customer get answer and gets back to them.

Would never say never just doubtful.

Great question!

If I booked through a TA, could we still get a call from Carnival with an up-sell offer?

No, They have to call your TA who in turn would have to call you because Carnival can't discuss or change your booking with you directly. While it can still happen with a TA, especially if they want or need your specific cabin, if they are just generally looking to do upsells and fill the cabins quickly, they will more than likely skip over those with TAs simply for the time factor. It's much quicker for them to call guests directly so they can close out that sailing and move on to the next.

In 12 cruises, I have never gotten an upsale offer. However, I'm really hoping I get one for my upcoming Feb 2018 cruise as I booked the cheapest possible category of room (bunks) in the event I ended up traveling by myself. At this time I do have someone going with me for her first cruise and it would be wonderful to at least have twin beds both on the floor!! But regardless, I'm betting a good time will be had by all!!

In 12 cruises, I have never gotten an upsale offer. However, I'm really hoping I get one for my upcoming Feb 2018 cruise as I booked the cheapest possible category of room (bunks) in the event I ended up traveling by myself. At this time I do have someone going with me for her first cruise and it would be wonderful to at least have twin beds both on the floor!! But regardless, I'm betting a good time will be had by all!!

Never have gotten an offer when we booked 1As but have when we did 4As. I think it may have to do with putting people in guarantee cabins. In a lot of cases, the minimum inside guaranteed cabin is a 4A so they don't have the need for 1As.

It's my theory that they will try and upsell the lowest acceptable cabins in the category and assign the guarantees the cheaper ones. It allows them to make a little extra cash that way. Not saying it could never happen for a 1A or that a 4B wouldn't get the opportunity, but I think they work from the bottom (4A) and up. Same with OVs and balconies.