A Bouquet for EnricM

campolady

Just a simple 'thank you' to EnricM for the invaluable information he provides for people visiting Barcelona. Recently he has received some very patronising - thats being polite - responses to some of his replies that are totally unfounded. Don't some people realise how much time it takes to research and reply to questions - many that are repeated again and again? I fully appreciate that holidays are greatly anticipated and it is a shame if something such as industrial action may affect your plans in some way, but that is no excuse to 'shoot the messenger' who is just doing his best to provide accurate and up to date information. There is a lot of false and inaccurate information given on this site from people who think they know better than locals! Enric, you are a powerhouse of knowledge and I thank you for your time, effort and eagerness to help.

Edited by campolady

Very well said Campolady. I couldn't agree more. I have raised my eyes in disbelief many times at the misinformation, scaremongering and narrow-minded views and questions which are continually posted regarding Barcelona, so can fully appreciate how frustrated he must often feel, and think that sometimes he's shown remarkable restraint.

Unfortunately too many people on these boards are afraid to step outside their comfort zone, only want to follow the masses or are incapable of using the search forum.

Keep up the good work Enric, there should be someone like you on every forum :)

Thank you guys for this vote of confidence. I appreciate it. Indeed it takes a long time @Campolady, that's why it's so frustrating sometimes. But again, I enjoy being helpful to a few, so as long as I continue to have fun doing this, expect me dropping by.... and let me apologize in advance for any expletive that I might write in the future -@Bobal, restraint isn't infinite, right? LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising to Barcelona and Malaga in November. Even though we've visited both before, I find Enric's and Campolady's advice extremely valuable and useful. I thank you both very much for taking the time to provide helpful information to Cruise Critic members.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to EnricM & campolady for the very helpful in country info they give our cruisers but as always, thanks to all of you for visiting Cruise Critic! You are what make the community wonderful!

As a reminder, or for anyone who is new and unaware to our message board, if ever you see a comment on our here that you believe could be in violation of our Terms of Service, you can report it to us by clicking on the "!" inside the yellow triangle on the upper right position of each post. All reported posts are reviewed quickly and removed if appropriate.

Attacks of any kind on a member within a post on our boards are prohibited & never ok. Please respect others in the manner that you wish to be respected not just online, but in person.

Thanks again to everyone for making this such a great resource for cruisers visiting Spanish ports!