Hurricane irma....ugh

Carnival has posted that the Magic will be sailing out of Miami on Monday....guests will receive pro rated credit for shortened cruise.

Where did you see this information? We're booked for that cruise and haven't seen that.

Just got off the phone with Carnival...you are right that notice is misleading.....the rep also agreed that it is misleading and we are not the first to call with the same question. So she has confirmed that they will do another update for the Magic tomorrow at 1pm. (: Of course we should always listen to John Heald. (:

Carnival has posted that the Magic will be sailing out of Miami on Monday....guests will receive pro rated credit for shortened cruise.

I believe that is incorrect. This is what I read:

Carnival Conquest – September 9

Carnival Glory – September 9

Carnival Magic – September 9

Carnival Splendor – September 9

Carnival Vista – September 9

We are still evaluating the potential impact the storm may have on our scheduled itineraries and will provide an update on Thursday at 1:00 PM.

that update is possibly misleading. Magic is grouped with those other crusies and after the last one which is Vista is says it will depart on monday as scheduled. That is not as scheduled for Magic and Vista was scheduled to sail on monday.
Vista was scheduled to depart Saturday for an 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Clearly that was a poorly worded statement, some evidence that they are rushing too fast to get statements out.

You are right they are rushing to get statements out and grouped the Magic in with the other Miami ships. Again I just hung up with the Carnival rep and she told me that they would not make a decision on The Magic until tomorrow at 1pm. If we sail it will sure make for great conversation but I truly hope the storm goes further east so not to bring devastation to south Florida....

Clearly that was a poorly worded statement, some evidence that they are rushing too fast to get statements out.

on the phone with them right now and I have been given 3 different versions. Trying to figure it out due to it being our wedding and we need to arrange guest to a different port but another 2 people have 2 different stories. 1 is that we are still in Canaveral and waiting for further updates, the other said port canaveral on monday.

So , I am on the Conquest which was suppose to leave on September 9th . IT is saying leaving Monday as scheduled ?

IT was scheduled to leave Saturday out of Ft Lauderdale . anyone know if it is still out of Ft Lauderdale and where it is sailing ?

I have flights booked for Friday ......Where do i changed them to ?

Thanks

Charley

Why haven't they even mentioned the Fascination? It sails from San Juan, PR on 9/10 and goes to many of the affected ports (including St Maarten). I sail on that 9/17 and wondering what is happening with the 9/10 cruise to judge what I can expect with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So , I am on the Conquest which was suppose to leave on September 9th . IT is saying leaving Monday as scheduled ?

IT was scheduled to leave Saturday out of Ft Lauderdale . anyone know if it is still out of Ft Lauderdale and where it is sailing ?

I have flights booked for Friday ......Where do i changed them to ?

Thanks

Charley

Carnival Conquest – September 9

Carnival Glory – September 9

Carnival Magic – September 9

Carnival Splendor – September 9

Carnival Vista – September 9

We are still evaluating the potential impact the storm may have on our scheduled itineraries and will provide an update on Thursday at 1:00 PM.

What about the Pride out of Baltimore on 9/10/17? There is no mention of it anywhere.

The way I understand it they were only focusing on the Florida ones since that is where the hurricane might hit around these dates. I figure we will have no issue getting out on the Pride Sunday, I think our itinerary will be affected though.

I have flights booked for Friday ......Where do i change them to ?

Thanks

Charley

In the same boat as you....I called and he told me the electricity went down and he couldnt help me. He literally has me hanging in limbo.

Other than the mooch, Who knew that communication could be so hard? I am getting information on four different official carnival websites that are completely contradict themselves and I am really over it

Carnival's website said that cruise (mine as well) has turned into a 5 day leaving Monday and if I want to cancel I can and get a credit to another cruise. Carnival on the phone is saying that information got out a day early and today's message should be "we will let you know tomorrow."

I think they're holding off hoping that people with insurance will cancel so insurance will take the hit, not carnival.

I wonder how Jamaica & Cayman Islands are going to come out in all this. I assume Progreso, Cozumel, & the rest of the western ports will be getting crowded soon.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

Jamaica and the Caymans are not near the cone. They'll probably get some extra wind or rain, but won't be experiencing any TS weather characteristics.

Why haven't they even mentioned the Fascination? It sails from San Juan, PR on 9/10 and goes to many of the affected ports (including St Maarten). I sail on that 9/17 and wondering what is happening with the 9/10 cruise to judge what I can expect with mine.

Because first priority is dealing with the ships that leave in the next 2, days, then the third day, then the fourth day.

Your cruise can sail. Worst case it skips ports and stays at sea. Best case ports get cleaned up and they say come on in. Middle case is Ops finds a new schedule for you but they don't need to do that until... well, Sunday!