port everglades 2 night pre-cruise stay

Patrickcruzer

I posted this on my role call but figured I would try a broader audience. My wife and I are sailing out of Port Evergalde on the Celebrity Silhouette on 2/18/2018.

I booked our flight today we are flying down Friday night so we can spend the whole day Saturday relaxing and hanging out in Ft Lauderdale. Our arrival is late on Friday after 11pm. I'm planning on spending Saturday night at either the Hilton Marina or the Hyatt Pier 66. I'm not sure about Friday Either I stay in the hotel I'll be staying in Saturday or I find someplace cheap near the airport for that night and Uber over to the Hyatt or Hilton the next day. Anyone done this before which is the better way to go?. I like to save money but is there enough savings here to justify the wasted time on Saturday changing hotels?

There are other hotels on 17th Street which are probably less expensive. That area is close to a lot of stores, restaurants, etc. The one we like best is Extended Stay America. They provide a free shuttle from the airport, on call, and a $4 shuttle to the port on sailing day. Light breakfast is included, and the rooms have kitchens, if you are so inclined. The location is also close to the bridge where you can walk up to see the ships in port. If it were me, I would not book two different hotels.

I don't think it's worth it to change hotels. Have you considered Hyatt Place...great location and a favorite pre-cruise hotel for many on these boards. They offer a shuttle from FLL for $2.00 per room but not sure they transfer that late (cheap easy taxi or Uber instead)...they also have a great hot breakfast and their rooms are updated. We just stayed this past March and it's our new favorite pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale. You can get a great rate using:

http://www.valuetrips.com Your dates aren't available yet but should be soon.