Hurricane Irma - Anthem of the Seas - Bermuda Sept. 9, 2017 sailing

Hi, Gayle. Will you be at the Sky Bar after muster? Katherine

I'll be there after Muster, but I though people were meeting a 2 o'clock. I'm also supposed to be meeting another F B group at 2 in 270, but I'll head down there later.

If the storm comes up the coast, I don't know how we will be able to go to Canada. We would be sailing with the storm up the coast.

My guess is that depending on where it is located at the time we are sailing, we will either hug the coast till we pass it, or to straight east and then down to Bermuda.

If that's not possible, we may be enjoying a cruise up the Hudson.:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Royals 11 am quote

he following sailings are being monitored and we will have further details in our 6 PM EDT update:

Anthem of the Seas: September 9 Bermuda cruise

I'm just curious why people book during hurricane season? Is it that much cheaper? I watch this happening every year.....I personally could never handle the disappointment or uncertainty that booking from July thru October brings....I wouldn't go out on a boat during hurricane season if my life depended on it :o I was on Paradise Island In 1979 during Hurricane David and in Florida during Hurricane Andrew. NEVER AGAIN!

I'm just curious why people book during hurricane season? Is it that much cheaper? I watch this happening every year.....I personally could never handle the disappointment or uncertainty that booking from July thru October brings....I wouldn't go out on a boat during hurricane season if my life depended on it :o I was on Paradise Island In 1979 during Hurricane David and in Florida during Hurricane Andrew. NEVER AGAIN!

Easy answer..school is back in!

I go every year in the early fall. The weather is beautiful, there are less kids, and yes it is usually cheaper. I have always had beautiful weather in the fall going to Bermuda. This will be a first. My worst weather cruise was a cruise to Bermuda in May a few years ago. So you never know. Bad weather can happen at any time.

I have booked 12 cruises...9 from Florida and in the Caribbean. I have never had a single itinerary change. I guess I have been lucky. I cruise in the Fall because the kids are back in school and it's a bit cooler and less humid in the Caribbean. I always have travel insurance though. My brother is on his 14th Caribbean cruise right now in the southern Caribbean out of PR. He has never had a cancellation or change.

Here's my question...for those who have either had cancelled or changed cruises, would you still cruise again during the Hurricane season? I'm assuming those with travel insurance will be much more likely to say yes while those without it are more likely to say they won't :(

Hurricane season is June 1 to Nov. 30th....I'm not going to rule out cruising almost 6 months of the year because of a possible hurricane....have been cruising in Sept/Oct/Nov for 30 yrs....and this is the 1st year I've had any real cause for concern regarding my cruise....I always buy travel insurance...so my expenses will be covered if I can't make it to the ship...will be disappointing...but that's the gamble I'm willing to take...

I have a feeling we're not going to know where we're going until we board the ship. This is the latest update.

While it is our intention to provide confirmation on our specific plans 48 hours prior to departure; the situation with Hurricane Irma and its impact on our Bermuda itinerary is unpredictable. We are actively monitoring the weather systems in the Atlantic for additional clarity. Please know that we are confirmed to sail on Saturday and it is our intent to go to Bermuda. If the weather becomes problematic, we will provide an alternative itinerary.

We will be working with local authorities to assess and understand the impact of Irma and when it is appropriate to visit. If the impact of the storm requires us to make a change we will of course notify you immediately.

For more frequent updates, please follow our meteorologist on Twitter @JamesVanFleet or visit the Royal Caribbean Facebook page.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10

I think they have every intention on going to Bermuda. Storms could change in a matter of a couple of hours or less. It happened to me on a cruise last September. All of a sudden a storm we were going around blew up and we ended up sailing right through it. I'm packing for Bermuda and adding a pair of jeans, sweater and a sweatshirt. All the forecasters on all the weather sites still don't know what is going to happen. Everyone is doing the best they can. I'm just hoping for some sun on at least some of the 5 days.

So far the ship is still showing sold out. I keep checking because I would love to change (pay) to a better cabin. I've been checking for over 6 weeks long before Irma. I was hoping people were going to be cancelling, but so far no such luck.

So far the ship is still showing sold out. I keep checking because I would love to change (pay) to a better cabin. I've been checking for over 6 weeks long before Irma. I was hoping people were going to be cancelling, but so far no such luck.

Just checked and there is a handicapped OV, D3 and Grand Loft available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While it is our intention to provide confirmation on our specific plans 48 hours prior to departure; the situation with Hurricane Irma and its impact on our Bermuda itinerary is unpredictable. We are actively monitoring the weather systems in the Atlantic for additional clarity. Please know that we are confirmed to sail on Saturday and it is our intent to go to Bermuda. If the weather becomes problematic, we will provide an alternative itinerary.

We will be working with local authorities to assess and understand the impact of Irma and when it is appropriate to visit. If the impact of the storm requires us to make a change we will of course notify you immediately.

Just checked and there is a handicapped OV, D3 and Grand Loft available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you a TA? I've been checking on a couple of sites and they are showing not available, Maybe because I'm solo. Where is the D3 that you saw. Maybe they would still let me change, even though it's a cabin for 3 or 4. The only thing I'm seeing is a Grand Loft.