Port changed from St. Kitts to San Juan

Our cruise on the Allure on October 1st was originally supposed to go to Nassau, Saint Thomas, and St. Kitts. We chose this specifically because we wanted to tour with a certain tour guide we made friends with in St. Kitts. Our itinerary was changed supposedly because of the speed restriction due to the azipod. Which didn't make sense to me since St. Kitts is not that much further. Now I find out that some Allure sailings are still going to St. Kitts even with the speed restriction. Does anyone know the real reason for the change? I have cruised many many times and know the spiel that itineraries can change at any time, yada, yada, yada. I just want an honest answer. This change is so arbitrary. I have been to San Juan six times and St. Kitts only once.

I am on September 3rd and as I believe all the cruises have had this itinerary change in the past few weeks going forward until the Allure goes to dry dock in January... some reported their cruise was cancelled due to this... we also had another itinerary change due to Irma so we are now western Caribbean and will not be making any of the original ports this time... I was not aware any sailings were still going to St. Kitts unless Royal has not informed those cruisers yet about itinerary changes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

sorry but operating any of these cruises with a ship that is clearly not 100% is reckless at best and the now it seems they already now the issues for Oct.? and are changing ports. Passengers should have option to cancel...this is not weather it is a known problem with a ship...I find the cruise industry seems to be able to get away with just about anything and most customers don't care.

Someone who posted and was just on the ship this past cruise went to Saint Kitts plus that itinerary is still listed on the Royal Caribbean website for a few cruises even though mine for October first shows the change. Thus the website is up to date. Since some cruises are still going to Saint Kitts the reason we were told regarding the speed restriction is misleading.

sorry but operating any of these cruises with a ship that is clearly not 100% is reckless at best and the now it seems they already now the issues for Oct.? and are changing ports. Passengers should have option to cancel...this is not weather it is a known problem with a ship...I find the cruise industry seems to be able to get away with just about anything and most customers don't care.

What is reckless about sailing Allure right now?