Reduced price

CruiseCrew123

Booked Equinox out of Miami for feb 18 back in march if this year . Really upset to see that the price has now been significantly reduced . We could now get an aft balcony for less than the price of our current 2b . Not a great start to our first cruise with Celebrity

Especially when you'd get the reduction if you were a US customer.

Especially since a few years ago, they'd have let you switch to a marginally more expensive cabin at the reduced prices. :-(

Stuart

Booked Equinox out of Miami for feb 18 back in march if this year . Really upset to see that the price has now been significantly reduced . We could now get an aft balcony for less than the price of our current 2b . Not a great start to our first cruise with Celebrity

If you look for a cabin that is slightly more than what you paid (do some research and see what is available) and telephone they may let you upgrade....So you may pay a little more but then get a better room....Nothing to loose by making a call. You may not get anywhere but worth a try..Just check if you change it doesn't alter any of your present perks like a drinks packages...

If you booked via a travel agent they may be able to do the same but if you are part of a 'block booking' it may not be as easy.

Edited by chemmo

It happens all the time. Not just celebrity, all cruise lines. Just call them. I did on Friday and they repriced it for me and we saved £800. We've repriced 4 or 5 times over the last few years. Be aware being from the uk the following will happen

1) if you booked with offers that are now not there you lose them e.g free gratuities or drinks. Current prices still have drinks though

2) you may have to forfeit your deposit to cancel and rebook but can still be cheaper even losing that

3) you may just be offered an upgrade to a better cabin without changing price or packages

You don't get if you don't ask

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This happens all the time, on all cruise lines. I am not very familiar with UK practices, but it sounds like you already got some good advice. I would just add, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Sometimes you will see a lower price, but it may have fewer perks so maybe is not the better value regardless. Unfortunately there are pros and cons of booking early. I guess for UK customers they are even more significant than for US customers. I agree it doesn't hurt to call and ask. But I would not look at this as a black mark on Celebrity - it happens on all cruise lines, as well as in many, many other situations both traveling as well as purchasing goods.