FTTF Question

set718

I don't know what is considered appropriate. I tip $2.00 per bag if I check bags on embarkation.

When disembarking I tip a minimum of $5.00 per bag since they walk us through customs and spend more time with us. And because I'm tired, eager to get to my car, and extremely grateful for their help.

Thanks!

My next stop would have been to the priority line at Guest Services. I have had FTTF my last five cruises and the cabin has always been ready when we boarded.

Yeah, I only get FTTF and never had a problem before this past cruise. Nah, no need to complain. Maybe if I had a large suitcase lugging it around, but I didn't so no problem. Just want the original poster to know that things don't always go as planned

I like the idea of bringing everything to the room right away. We plan to do self disembarking so we know we can handle all the luggage, and on 2/3 cruises at least one of our pieces of luggage were late arrivals. Part of paying for FTTF for us was to reduce stress and not knowing where the luggage is adds to my stress. Plus I like to unpack as soon as possible and don't fully feel in 'vacation mode' until everything is put away. Since my husband does the driving, once the car is parked his vacation starts :)

I will be sure to double check dimensions.

On our last cruise out of Galveston we saw authorities telling a two couples they could not carry on their huge suitcases. They were demanding that their porter be allowed to go with them all the way to their cabin. We detoured around them and went on about our business. We had family that came later (30 minutes) and they said the "suitcase folks" were still arguing and demanding but security was headed that way. I heard later that they were told to put tags on them or take them home but they would not be allowed to carry them on. The porter's cart had 3 of the largest suitcases I've ever seen and 2 medium ones. I love handing my bags off at the curb and finding them at my door later.