Cruiseing for a new line..

toxicfairy

My husband and I are in our mid 50's and in April of 2015, we took our first Princess cruise because we liked the Hawaii Itinerary out of Los Angeles. We had previously sailed 6 times on Carnival in our 20's, then cruised a few times each on NCL and Celebrity. We loved every cruise we ever took. Moved on from Carnival simply because we grew out of it. NCL and Celebrity were both wonderful cruise lines. Then came April 2015 and we boarded the Ruby Princess and set sail for Hawaii, after the first day we knew we were going to be making Princess our only cruise line. Now by the end of November 2017, we will be Elite members with Princess. So Yes, I do recommend PRINCESS CRUISE LINE. I believe you will find everything you are looking for in a cruise line. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

I would love to!

But Princess is much more expensive than Celebrity, Royal Carribean, Norwegian and Carnival.

How does Princess justify its higher price?

In what way are the shows, activities, food and entertainment better on Princess? Thanks

I would love to!

But Princess is much more expensive than Celebrity, Royal Carribean, Norwegian and Carnival.

In what way are the shows, activities, food and entertainment better on Princess? Thanks

Having sailed Royal and Carnival.= yes Princess is a tad more expensive but we were truly wow'd from the minute we boarded.

Food is subjective-- but after the first night we ate every meal at the lido buffet. Felt it was very elegant without all the fuss. Tables had cloths. Waiters roamed to fill drinks. Only difference was we got our own food.

That's their "Shtick". Formal dress codes. You'll find their ships to be packed as more pax are getting tired of the slovenly downslide to many cruise lines these days & going to where the dreams of true "Ocean Liner" travel are.

we personally don't like to dress up and only do it when it's required. I am not wearing jeans on a formal night, but I dislike dresses and am very self conscious about the way I look, so I put on slacks and a pretty top.

So, I appreciate a more relaxed "formal" requirement while still enjoying great food in MDR.

I would love to!

we actually found Princess to be more reasonably priced for cruises out of FLL than Royal Caribbean. You have to catch a sale.

During several recent years, I was never able to catch a good price on RC for either 1, 2 or 3rd passenger. All the RC cruises I priced, were $700+ pp for 1st and 2nd, and $800+ for the 3rd passenger in the room. Even during their "buy 1, get one 50% off" sale, the prices for a comparable (to Princess) cruise were $799+ pp.

For our upcoming Regal Princess cruise, I paid $639pp for 1st and 2nd passengers, and $99 for the 3rd. It would have been $599 pp for a double occupancy.

Plus, Princess gives about a $100pp discount to established cruisers.

I always found Celebrity to be higher priced then Princess and I didn't think anything about the cruise experience was worth the extra money. It's a very nice cruise line but I feel Princess has everything I could want and I feel NCL is about the same price as Princess. I have never sailed on RC because in the 30+ years of cruising, I have never found a good enough deal on RC and their itineraries were never a stand out for me either. We are not dress up people either, most nights you will find us eating in the buffet or eating a burger/pizza on Lido. We book the cruise we want way in advance and continually watch the price and promotions. If there is a better deal then what we currently have, we make a phone call to Princess and they will rebook you at the better price/deal.

Having sailed Royal and Carnival.= yes Princess is a tad more expensive but we were truly wow'd from the minute we boarded.

Food is subjective-- but after the first night we ate every meal at the lido buffet. Felt it was very elegant without all the fuss. Tables had cloths. Waiters roamed to fill drinks. Only difference was we got our own food.

I've got to comment on the price difference mentioned. You just have to keep checking, and focus on off-season (like Oct, Nov, Dec) or Transatlantics. We still can find a good price between Celebrity or Princess, or the newer HAL ships for balcony.(we'r OK with obstructed balcony). It just takes time. Don't give up!