Adventure of the Seas - Itinerary for St. Thomas and St. Kitts/Nevis

GetToLivin

I'm definitely curious if its still on the table, I've seen reports of the pier being ok but can't imagine how the island would be ready for tourists in 3 weeks. Such a tragic time for the Caribbean [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I am on the same sailing and myself am wondering the same. I wish they would move AOS to another port for a few months. I am no longer looking forward to this cruise. The hotels are closed so that is giving me anxiety because our flight is the day before and AA change waiver expires 9/30. I feel like a voyeur going to San Juan specifically with all of the damage and suffering

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the same

sailing and myself am wondering the same. I wish they would move AOS to another port for a few months. I am no longer looking forward to this cruise. The hotels are closed so that is giving me anxiety because our flight is the day before and AA change waiver expires 9/30. I feel like a voyeur going to San Juan specifically with all of the damage and suffering

I am on the same sailing and myself am wondering the same. I wish they would move AOS to another port for a few months. I am no longer looking forward to this cruise. The hotels are closed so that is giving me anxiety because our flight is the day before and AA change waiver expires 9/30. I feel like a voyeur going to San Juan specifically with all of the damage and suffering

I am feeling much the same as you are, and we aren't sailing until November 11th. I just posted on another thread that SJ is in no condition to have 2500-3000 cruise passengers converging on it pre-cruise - especially with not power and hotels heavily damaged. The Marriott we are booked at, is currently closed to all reservations until mid- October.

We are set to sail Oct 14 so I know it's a ways out, but having never cruised so close after a hurricane, I'm not sure what to expect. Those of you who have experience, do the cruise lines tend to go to other ports, or do they tend to stick with the originals, even after devastation? I apologize if this has already been asked, I tried to place this on the AOS board specifically, but couldn't find where to do that.
You won't be going to St. Thomas, sorry.

Anyone flying to or from San Juan should check your airline. Southwest has canceled all flights through at least mid October. Currently there is no power, water, supplies, air conditioning etc at the airport. No control tower so only a dozen flights at most a day in or out. Getting to or from there will be a nightmare for sometime to come. RCCL should do the right thing and move all cruises embarking or disembarking there back to Florida until San Juan is fully back in working order.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone flying to or from San Juan should check your airline. Southwest has canceled all flights through at least mid October. Currently there is no power, water, supplies, air conditioning etc at the airport. No control tower so only a dozen flights at most a day in or out. Getting to or from there will be a nightmare for sometime to come. RCCL should do the right thing and move all cruises embarking or disembarking there back to Florida until San Juan is fully back in working order.

I could not agree more. If we cannot get there , then how the hell can we cruise????

I could not agree more. If we cannot get there , then how the hell can we cruise????

Really! They have another cruise in the Adventure on the 7th of October that they say is a go. Huh! Good luck to those booked on it getting to San Juan. Shame on RCCL for not moving these cruises to a port that can handle these cruises until San Juan is fully back in order.

Probably just a matter of time before someone posts that getting to the ship is your problem not the cruise line's. Yes, before someone jumps on me I realize that I just posted it. But I think my position on RCI's operations after the last couple of hurricanes is pretty clear from my previous posts.

Really! They have another cruise in the Adventure on the 7th of October that they say is a go. Huh! Good luck to those booked on it getting to San Juan. Shame on RCCL for not moving these cruises to a port that can handle these cruises until San Juan is fully back in order.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/US/en_US/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Part of getting back in order is returning to regular order. Full refunds plus 25% off your next cruise if your book in the next 30 days. Giving up a revenue stream for a week to use the ship for humanitarian efforts and it's still not enough for some.

Forgive me for asking, but what have you done to help those affected by the recent hurricanes?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/US/en_US/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Part of getting back in order is returning to regular order. Full refunds plus 25% off your next cruise if your book in the next 30 days. Giving up a revenue stream for a week to use the ship for humanitarian efforts and it's still not enough for some.

Forgive me for asking, but what have you done to help those affected by the recent hurricanes?

Stayed out of their way and not consumed valuable resoures down there?

I have contributed to the Dominica relief fund and asked others to do likewise. Unlike the other impacted islands, Dominica doesn't have a "mother country" to come to her aid. The US, UK, France and Netherlands will provide assistance to Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, etc. Dominica is an independent island. That island contributed $200K to the Virgin Islands immediately following Irma. I bet they could use that money now!

I see both sides in this debate. Yes, I realize that for us, it's "just" a vacation. For me personally, it's a honeymoon...one that was booked well over a year ago. We're not wealthy people. A cruise is a MAJOR expense for us and this vacation has special significance. While our cruise isn't until February, giving us time to monitor the situation while formulating a potential PLAN B, I can totally empathize with those who have cruises scheduled to depart in October/November. I'm not sure conditions will sufficiently improve by FEBRUARY! I don't think anyone scheduled to cruise from San Juan in October is actually going to go, based on reported conditions. And while it's easy to say that RCL should just move all its ships to Florida, that not only presents a host of logistical issues (particularly when the ships now cruising in Europe return), but also isn't an equitable trade off for many of us. You know the saying that you're a cruise addict when you can no longer count the number of times you've visited Cozumel? Those of us who booked cruises out of Puerto Rico had specific reasons for doing so. No, it's NOT Royal's fault that Mother Nature slammed our departure port and devastated some of our ports of call. It's also true that a ruined vacation is nothing compared to the loss of life or quality of life that people on these islands are enduring. No matter the situation you can always find someone who is worse off. That doesn't mean what you're experiencing is "no big deal."

I know that Royal can't tell me anything right now about my February cruise, but I think the people who are so stressed are waiting for information about their October cruises. I don't blame them at all for being stressed. It doesn't mean they are callous to the bigger issues facing residents of these islands. It means that their vacation is a big event in their lives. They have probably saved up and planned that vacation for many months or even years. Just because a situation isn't life or death doesn't mean it's not worth worrying about.

Stepping off that unexpected soap box now...my apologies for the rant.

I have contributed to the Dominica relief fund and asked others to do likewise. Unlike the other impacted islands, Dominica doesn't have a "mother country" to come to her aid. The US, UK, France and Netherlands will provide assistance to Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, etc. Dominica is an independent island. That island contributed $200K to the Virgin Islands immediately following Irma. I bet they could use that money now!

I see both sides in this debate. Yes, I realize that for us, it's "just" a vacation. For me personally, it's a honeymoon...one that was booked well over a year ago. We're not wealthy people. A cruise is a MAJOR expense for us and this vacation has special significance. While our cruise isn't until February, giving us time to monitor the situation while formulating a potential PLAN B, I can totally empathize with those who have cruises scheduled to depart in October/November. I'm not sure conditions will sufficiently improve by FEBRUARY! I don't think anyone scheduled to cruise from San Juan in October is actually going to go, based on reported conditions. And while it's easy to say that RCL should just move all its ships to Florida, that not only presents a host of logistical issues (particularly when the ships now cruising in Europe return), but also isn't an equitable trade off for many of us. You know the saying that you're a cruise addict when you can no longer count the number of times you've visited Cozumel? Those of us who booked cruises out of Puerto Rico had specific reasons for doing so. No, it's NOT Royal's fault that Mother Nature slammed our departure port and devastated some of our ports of call. It's also true that a ruined vacation is nothing compared to the loss of life or quality of life that people on these islands are enduring. No matter the situation you can always find someone who is worse off. That doesn't mean what you're experiencing is "no big deal."

I know that Royal can't tell me anything right now about my February cruise, but I think the people who are so stressed are waiting for information about their October cruises. I don't blame them at all for being stressed. It doesn't mean they are callous to the bigger issues facing residents of these islands. It means that their vacation is a big event in their lives. They have probably saved up and planned that vacation for many months or even years. Just because a situation isn't life or death doesn't mean it's not worth worrying about.

Stepping off that unexpected soap box now...my apologies for the rant.

Thank you so much! You expressed exactly how I feel. I hope you will go in February and have a fabulous time!!!

I too am stressed about my October 14th cruise out of San Juan. So far everything is a go, but if we have no place to stay for the 2 days prior to our cruise because nothing is up and running...It certainly doesn't mean I am minimizing what PR has gone through, but it is an expense and right this minute I am cancer free. At least until I have my scan scheduled for my return. I wish RC would change ports. Everything could change for me and then I wouldn't be able to travel. Forgive my venting! Stress!!!;p

I got a great piece of advice today. Checking my hotel's Facebook page, as opposed to their website. The website shows no updates, but the Facebook page does!! Our small B&B received only minor damage and is fully operational right now. One less worry for our February cruise.