Pride of America Review - 26 August 2017 to 2 September 2017

felicityd

Mr. And Mrs. Smith, I checked my notes from calling Marriott and they told me ncl gives them the list of names two weeks before cruise date , they have a standing contract for a block of rooms each Friday. I am to call then to coordinate our rooms with the precruise room. She did say that the ncl check in is separate from the regular check in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks a lot for checking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your review, we sail early May so in the ‘madly trying to get everything planned and organised phase’...few more questions answered thanks to your review. Also nice to see a review, where despite everything not going to plan, you’ve kept it positive and well balanced. Thanks for the help...

This isn’t a review but a bit of a rant (I would have started a new thread but didn’t see the functionality on mobile so apologies in advance for the hijack).

We are on the 3/3/2018 cruise leaving next week. This is our second go on NCL’s POA. Last time the ship had been recently in dry dock. We lost the ability to use some of the forward areas. It was disappointing but not a significant issue.

Yesterday we I received an email from NCL saying our cruise was being shortened from 7 days to 6 (losing the overnight in Maui). The reason is “regulatory compliance” issues forcing a dry dock. NCL is providing a hotel stay in Honolulu and either a day refund or 25% of the current cruise price towards another cruise to be used within a year.

I understand regulatory compliance. I work in a regulated industry so I have some sympathy for NCL but that sympathy is limited. Right now I’m beside myself that they chose to wait until one week out to share this information. The late communication has wreaked havoc on the plans we made outside of NCL with private excursions.

As I mentioned, I get legal/compliance issues. BUT this was something they had to know sooner than just this week and something that likely could have been communicated weeks ago. I suspect they were protecting their bottom line by the timing.

That is their choice. My choice is never to use their cruise line again. My first NCL experience was slightly disappointing. My second seems to want to take that level of disappointment to another height. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time? NCL won’t get the chance to try. Back to Celebrity and best wishes to NCL.

This isn’t a review but a bit of a rant (I would have started a new thread but didn’t see the functionality on mobile so apologies in advance for the hijack).

We are on the 3/3/2018 cruise leaving next week. This is our second go on NCL’s POA. Last time the ship had been recently in dry dock. We lost the ability to use some of the forward areas. It was disappointing but not a significant issue.

Yesterday we I received an email from NCL saying our cruise was being shortened from 7 days to 6 (losing the overnight in Maui). The reason is “regulatory compliance” issues forcing a dry dock. NCL is providing a hotel stay in Honolulu and either a day refund or 25% of the current cruise price towards another cruise to be used within a year.

I understand regulatory compliance. I work in a regulated industry so I have some sympathy for NCL but that sympathy is limited. Right now I’m beside myself that they chose to wait until one week out to share this information. The late communication has wreaked havoc on the plans we made outside of NCL with private excursions.

As I mentioned, I get legal/compliance issues. BUT this was something they had to know sooner than just this week and something that likely could have been communicated weeks ago. I suspect they were protecting their bottom line by the timing.

That is their choice. My choice is never to use their cruise line again. My first NCL experience was slightly disappointing. My second seems to want to take that level of disappointment to another height. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time? NCL won’t get the chance to try. Back to Celebrity and best wishes to NCL.

You were on one of the trips after the drydock? What wasn't working exactly? Reason I ask is we were on the first trip after drydock and only the spa and maybe cabanas on Deck 14? weren't open. Even the cabanas were open on the last day IIRC.

What do they have to fix?

But I understand your feelings.