I love princess!!!

Coffeeluvr05

Our first Princess cruise was on the lovely Golden- LOVE that ship.

We have never felt like we were on a crowded ship on Princess. A sweet refuge can be found in Skywalker's (shhh, do not tell anyone)!

We are really looking forward to our time on the Coral and Regal next year! We will be Platinum after the Coral. This will be new for us since we have been on the Golden 3 times and the Crown once.

Cruising is the best!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Jeanne...based on what you enjoy on a cruise, I think you'll enjoy Princess which has been described as casual elegance which has been my experience.

For multi generational family cruises, cruise lines such as Carnival & RCI have provided experiences that every age enjoyed.

Concerning crowding, my first cruise ships decades ago were 600 passenger converted oceanliners. My experiences were the ships were primarily designed for performance & then where to place public spaces & cabins. My brief Navy experience confirmed my dislike for crowds & was a reason why I hesitated to sail on the behemoth Grand Princess in 2000 with quadruple the passenger capacity. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the larger ship actually felt less crowded & the extra 500 passengers on the Emerald were still good. Again, I hesitated to sail the 3,600 passenger Royal-Class ships but I'm very happy that I did it because for us the pros far outweigh any cons without feeling more crowded. Any ship will experience crowding when most passengers want to do something at the same time & whenever possible we adjust to avoid larger crowds.

Hopefully you'll have a great cruise on the Emerald Princess. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I love princess too. Except my husband won't cruise. I am also an empty nester but I take my kids so I have someone to go with. Then we take a different line. My dh is coming on a Panama Canal cruise with me in February on the Caribbean Princess though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What "more" does Princess have over Carnival?

I'm asking because I'm taking my first Princess cruise in October (28 days). I've been on Costa, HAL, NCL, and Carnival, with my last two cruises on Carnival. What I have come to like for evening entertainment (rely on, really) on Carnival is the dedicated comedy club and the festive, participatory piano bar. Princess has neither of those, and I admit that I'm a bit anxious at having committed to a 28-day

For me it isn't what Princess has more of, it is just a different experience. A more relaxing experience. I won't try to say what Princess has as I have only been on Princess once but I did fully enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums