Allure iteninary change possible?

beckyboo1986

Hi all,

I'm just wondering what's the likelihood of the Eastern Caribbean (1 Oct Fort Lauderdale - Bahamas - Puerto Rico - St Thomas - FL) changing itinerary due to the hurricane?

I know the itinerary was changed from St. Kitts due to there being an issue with the ship (and it running slower) so realistically would it be possibly that they could even change the route?

I've spoken to my travel agent but they have no information yet.

I know I have over two weeks ahead of sailing but I'm just trying to figure out what may happen.

Thanks,

Becky.

I haven't seen much in terms of official reports of damage (much less official remediation projections) from any of the islands affected. It is too soon to tell, and it really is to the islands' benefit and the cruise lines' benefit to make that decision at the last possible moment so that they give every opportunity for the cruise to go to the ports originally planned.

Hi all,

I'm just wondering what's the likelihood of the Eastern Caribbean (1 Oct Fort Lauderdale - Bahamas - Puerto Rico - St Thomas - FL) changing itinerary due to the hurricane?

I know the itinerary was changed from St. Kitts due to there being an issue with the ship (and it running slower) so realistically would it be possibly that they could even change the route?

I know I have over two weeks ahead of sailing but I'm just trying to figure out what may happen.

Thanks,

Becky.

We'll know more in the next 2 weeks as officials have the chance to inspect ports and survey damage. I suspect your itinerary will remain the same. Labadee and San Juan are fine, St Thomas could be swapped for another port or just another sea day depending on condition of the port.

NCL has altered all Escape Eastern sailings to Western through October, they visited Tortola (which is a mess right now) and St Thomas.

We a had our 9/10 cruise cancelled due to Irma but have an 10/8 Eastern cruise scheduled on Oasis as well. I can't imagine there would be ANY cruises scheduled for St. Maarten or Puerto Rico anytime within the next several months. It has been said that Puerto Rico may not have power fully restored for 4-6 months. St. Maarten had SO much destruction.

Oasis class can't go into just any port due to her sizes, I also can't imagine that Allure/Oasis (along with other ships) would all go into the Western ports. That would be SO much overload of passengers at one time. It would be wonderful if Oasis would do a Bermuda cruise from Port Canaveral. Perhaps they will choose Costa Maya as a port. We will know soon what their plan is. It's just so early yet.

Cudos to RCCL for cancelling Majesty/Enchantment sailings in order to carry supplies to islands affected by Hurricane Irma. Also, for helping their employees evacuate Miami.

From what I have been reading San Juan missed the brunt of the storm and it sounds like it may be operational very soon if not already. So I would expect Puerto Rico will be available for a cruise stop for most upcoming cruises.

I think a lot of the power grid issues in Puerto Rico will be in the outlying areas.

Here is a run down of the status of many of the ports that Cruise Critic put together.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8055

Hi all,

Thanks,

Becky.

We are in the same position. We have back to back booked October 7 on Allure. I am sure they will have to change the itinerary with the huge distraction on the islands. I hope we get to find out soon. I am so sad about all those beautiful islands. My heart goes out to all the people. We looked forward to sailing Easter Caribbean. It is our favorite.

In 2005 I cruised shortly after hurricane Wilma hit Cozumel. The docks were destroyed. We tendered to shore. Many buildings were damaged or destroyed, and tents were set up. If I had to guess, I say the Eastern route will be open but you might have to tender -- barring another hurricane of course; some of the excursions might be altered or canceled.

I think that San Juan and Nassau, as cruise destinations, are probably going to be priority when it comes to repairs and so-on. Tourism is a huge part of the economy in the Caribbean and I think that they don't want to use that revenue because the longer they go without tourists, the less money they have to repair and rebuild. The coast guard is about ready to reopen Port Everglades and fuel ships are standing by to refill the cruise ships once they come into port. I am, personally, pretty optimistic. My biggest concern now is Jose. It's possibly going to head out toward the Bahamas, but it sounds like this storm has been unpredictable.

We are sailing Sept 17 Th . Received Email from Royal today St Martin has been replaced with St Kitts .

NoT saying anything about replacing Nassau or Puerto Rico. I only hope Port Everglades assessment is good.

Have they given port times for St Kitts yet?

Allure will most likely not be going to St. Maarten anytime soon. You can take St. Thomas off the list too. Allure is already having propulsion issues leading to cancellation of St. Kitts and St. Thomas. Maybe they go to Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Labadee for 7 night cruise. Do you think they could do that? If they could of done St. Maarten which two azipods they could certainly do those 4 stops.

Allure will most likely not be going to St. Maarten anytime soon. You can take St. Thomas off the list too. Allure is already having propulsion issues leading to cancellation of St. Kitts and St. Thomas. Maybe they go to Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Labadee for 7 night cruise. Do you think they could do that? If they could of done St. Maarten which two azipods they could certainly do those 4 stops.

Most likely St Kitts will be the replacement for St Maarten for the time being - that's what's happening the next two weeks at least for Allure/Harmony.