Port Everglades update

dst

If it was easy to figure out I wouldn't have posted a question - seriously, if you can't be helpful be somewhere else

And for the record I'm not on carnival so highly unlikely they'd communicate with us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didnt necessarily expect that you were on Carnival but I was hoping you would pick up on the idea of going to your CL's website, my bad.

The area west of the Miami port is pretty low laying. Today was the first time I've seen car traffic on the bridge into the port.

Thanks

Any word on gas availability, we expect it'll be difficult to find?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a variety of issues from a lack of supplies for outbound trips to a lack of electricity that need to be addresses so good looking webcam pics are just a small part of issues that management faces. Staff for the companies and their cruises may or may not be available.

Port Everlgades 8 am update:

The U.S. Coast Guard is completing surveys of the navigation channels so ships can begin re-entering the port later this morning. Currently, at 8AM Tuesday, September 12, there are three cruise ships, three petroleum tank ships and two cargo ships offshore waiting to come in.

Port Everlgades 8 am update:

The U.S. Coast Guard is completing surveys of the navigation channels so ships can begin re-entering the port later this morning. Currently, at 8AM Tuesday, September 12, there are three cruise ships, three petroleum tank ships and two cargo ships offshore waiting to come in.

As noted above, the port is cleared for ships, but as of yet, nothing moving inbound. As for gasoline, the petroleum facilities at the port were open yesterday for filling tank trucks as long as the storage tanks last. The 3 tankers waiting to get in are carrying gasoline and jet fuel, my ship is on the way, ETA late Wed with jet fuel, and our company has 3-4 tankers that loaded jet and gas in NYC area and are on the way to PEV. PEV is the major fuel port for south Florida, so operations should be quite busy, and there will likely be tankers stacked up outside. The terminals do a good job of getting product into the trucks for delivery, so the situation should improve quickly.

Quick update, the pilot boat is heading out at this time, not sure which vessel will be first.

Don't know if this is in order of arrival or not, but this is the latest update on the Port Everglades website:

From the Port Everglades website:

The U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port has approved daylight vessel operations at Port Everglades. Ships scheduled to arrive include:

• Carnival Conquest

• Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas

• Carnival Splendor

• Three petroleum tank ships