Port Everglades update

dst

Good morning - we are currently on the Allure (extended cruise) and are hoping to be able to return on Wednesday -at least that is what the captain is telling us.

Can anyone give an update on the port condition, we left our vehicle in the garage at the port.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This update from the Broward County (owns and operates both the port and the airport) Emergency Operations Center appeared on the Sun-Sentinal (local newspaper) website last night:

8:40 p.m.; Airport, port and shelters:
Broward County officials hope to have Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport partially open for flights on Tuesday and Port Everglades ready to accept cruise ships on Wednesday.

County spokesman Ric Barrick said officials plan to inspect the airfield Monday and depending on the level of debris and damage, airlines could be allowed to reposition their planes to the airport to begin flights on Tuesday morning. However, that’s far from certain as officials are already aware of flooding on the western portion of the north runway that could delay the airport’s ability to bring planes into the airport.

Crews will also do an aerial survey of the port with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to check out the channels and to see if the port can bring in cruise ships currently scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, Barrick said.

Hallo. Sorry I can't help about your question but what do you mean with "extended cruise"?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We were due in on Sunday, not returning to port until weds

Hallo. Sorry I can't help about your question but what do you mean with "extended cruise"?

Allure of the Seas embarked from Port Everglades on September 3 and was due to disembark there yesterday. Due to the hurricane, the port is closed, and so the cruise has been extended until such time as the ship can make port at Port Everglades and turnover.

This update from the Broward County (owns and operates both the port and the airport) Emergency Operations Center appeared on the Sun-Sentinal (local newspaper) website last night:

8:40 p.m.; Airport, port and shelters:
Broward County officials hope to have Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport partially open for flights on Tuesday and Port Everglades ready to accept cruise ships on Wednesday.

County spokesman Ric Barrick said officials plan to inspect the airfield Monday and depending on the level of debris and damage, airlines could be allowed to reposition their planes to the airport to begin flights on Tuesday morning. However, that’s far from certain as officials are already aware of flooding on the western portion of the north runway that could delay the airport’s ability to bring planes into the airport.

Crews will also do an aerial survey of the port with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to check out the channels and to see if the port can bring in cruise ships currently scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, Barrick said.

Thank you so much; we feel a bit helpless - not complaining at least we were safe at sea

Allure of the Seas embarked from Port Everglades on September 3 and was due to disembark there yesterday. Due to the hurricane, the port is closed, and so the cruise has been extended until such time as the ship can make port at Port Everglades and turnover.
Thank you so much. I had a reservation about that cruise, but unfortunately i can't leave from Italy.

So Hope you had a Nicea cruise although IRMA.

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

Appreciate these updates, details and follow-ups. Fortunately, we do not have any upcoming cruises from Florida, but am following with interest these challenges in getting ALL of these aspects of recovery to happen. It will take time, both in Florida, plus at many of these various Caribbean island locations.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

From the Broward County mayor's recent press conference thanks to the Sun-Sentinel website.

AIRPORT: The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will open Tuesday at 4 a.m., Sharief (the mayor) said.

PORT EVERGLADES: The port, which receives and distributes fuel to 12 counties, is being assessed for damage.

I noted that there was no mention in the article about the status of the return of cruise ships to Port Everglades.

From the Broward County mayor's recent press conference thanks to the Sun-Sentinel website.

AIRPORT: The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will open Tuesday at 4 a.m., Sharief (the mayor) said.

PORT EVERGLADES: The port, which receives and distributes fuel to 12 counties, is being assessed for damage.

I noted that there was no mention in the article about the status of the return of cruise ships to Port Everglades.

Good news about FLL, though I'm amazed they can open that soon.

This was on the Port Everglades Face Book Page.

Damage assessment is underway. Port Everglades will reopen following approval from the U.S. Coast Guard.

Fuel deliveries will continue as soon as the petroleum companies at Port Everglades are able to reopen and the roads are safe for truck drivers.

Petroleum companies at Port Everglades estimate, based on normal demand, that storm reserves consist of a 4-day supply of gasoline, 5 days of diesel fuel, and 5 days jet fuel. Fuel ships are standing by for the Port to reopen to ocean-going vessels.

The Port is working with the cruise lines to determine how to best accommodate cruise guests who are returning this week. Cruise passengers should continue to check with their cruise lines for the latest information on upcoming itineraries.

Cargo terminals will remain closed until further notice.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

While having extra vacation days is nice and Royal has been terrific.

We learned our home was damaged by Irma so we are anxious to get home; assess it and get the repairs in motion

We learned our home was damaged by Irma so we are anxious to get home; assess it and get the repairs in motion

So very sorry to hear that your home has been damaged by Irma. My heart goes out to everyone who has been impacted and affected by this horrible hurricane! Hopefully the Port of Everglades will open soon so that all the cruisers can get home to their families.

We had folks in similar circumstances on Liberty extended during Harvey.

The Ft. Lauderdale beach webcam, Port of Tampa webcam and Port of Miami webcam show all these areas looking totally normal. Can't see any damage, debris, trees down or boats crashed out of their docks. Hopefully that means all will be back to normal asap. Saw cars driving on the roads and joggers on sidewalks.

So very sorry to hear that your home has been damaged by Irma. My heart goes out to everyone who has been impacted and affected by this horrible hurricane! Hopefully the Port of Everglades will open soon so that all the cruisers can get home to their families.

Thanks - at least we have electricity on the ship

this stuff is pretty simple to figure out. This is what Carnival says: https://www.carnival.com/travel-alerts.aspx

If it was easy to figure out I wouldn't have posted a question - seriously, if you can't be helpful be somewhere else

And for the record I'm not on carnival so highly unlikely they'd communicate with us

(yn)

You've been great about enjoying the extra days since it wasn't possible for you to get back ... but certainly you'll now be anxious to go home and do what needs to be done there.

Best wishes and so hope the damages to your house are minor things. (yn)

From an article posted on the Sun Sentinel website tonight (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-bz-airports-ports-irma-monday-update-20170911-story.html):

Carnival Cruise Lines, which has ships waiting to return to Port Everglades and PortMiami, said those ships are positioned to return Tuesday.

Carnival,
and Norwegian have all canceled or altered itineraries because of Irma. Outgoing passengers are advised to check with their cruise lines for information on planned sailings.

PortMiami is scheduled to open Tuesday.

From an article posted on the Sun Sentinel website tonight (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-bz-airports-ports-irma-monday-update-20170911-story.html):

Carnival Cruise Lines, which has ships waiting to return to Port Everglades and PortMiami, said those ships are positioned to return Tuesday.

Carnival,
and Norwegian have all canceled or altered itineraries because of Irma. Outgoing passengers are advised to check with their cruise lines for information on planned sailings.

PortMiami is scheduled to open Tuesday.

Thank you for the information

The Ft. Lauderdale beach webcam, Port of Tampa webcam and Port of Miami webcam show all these areas looking totally normal. Can't see any damage, debris, trees down or boats crashed out of their docks. Hopefully that means all will be back to normal asap. Saw cars driving on the roads and joggers on sidewalks.

The area west of the Miami port is pretty low laying. Today was the first time I've seen car traffic on the bridge into the port.