St. Kitt

mwoody1967

Does anyone know if the scenic train tour passes Fort Brimstone? Or does anyone have a route of the train? I understand some is by bus and some by train; is this a suitable tour for those with mobility issues (scooter; but can walk short distances if needed)

I don't remember a train going anywhere Fort Brimstone. The route to the fort is a very narrow windy path up the hill. Once there, there is a steep path up to the fort. If in a scooter, maybe you can power up it.

2013BrillianceoftheSeas347_zps10e71d35.jpg

I went there on Thenford Grey tours and had Mr. Grey himself. Very nice man and very knowledgeable. Highly recommend. This time we are taking a Segway tour with Sugar City Adventures. Haven't been to Carambola but heard it is nice. There are also a couple other beach bars down from Carambola. I have heard Carambola is spendy but it looks nice. I plan on heading to Discovery Beach bar near the Shipwreck Beach bar after the Segway. Although Reggae's looks good too.

Does anyone know if the scenic train tour passes Fort Brimstone? Or does anyone have a route of the train? I understand some is by bus and some by train; is this a suitable tour for those with mobility issues (scooter; but can walk short distances if needed)

If you have not been to St. Kitts before and want to see the highlights of the island I would recommend a land tour with someone like Thenford Grey. The train does a lot of the back country and you really don't get to see much other than some landscapes. We did the train on one visit just to do something different. Personally, I think it is way over priced for what you get.

I'm not sure what you mean by mobility issues. You do have to climb a few stairs to get to the lower level of the train cars. You have to climb a narrow and winding staircase to get to the upper open to the air level of the cars. Once you are on the train mobility is not an issue as you just sit.