Can you pre-order CHEERS but pay from OBC/onboard acct?

alwaysReady2travel

sorry if this has been answered a million times before...

I have a short 4-day cruise coming up where i will have $150 OBC.

We want to get the CHEERS pkg but aside from tips, I dont see us spending much of this OBC. Can we pre-buy CHEERS but have it paid from OBC$$ somehow? I know we could just wait and buy pkg aboard but cost is higher.

As with pre-purchased excursions, when you order Cheers online pre-cruise, you pay for it at order time. I'm not aware of any way around that. If you're thinking you won't spend all your OBC, you might want to consider waiting to purchase Cheers until you board and the OBC will go towards the Cheers program but you'll pay a little more for it ($5/day I believe is the difference in price).

I run into this problem sometimes. I buy the Cheers! ahead of time to save the money, and just go a little wild while on board to use up the OBC. It's kind of like found money to me. This will happen on my cruise next month. I'm going to try the Steakhouse to use up some of the OBC, and maybe pick out an excursion once on board.

4 day tips for 2 people is

12.95 * 4 = $51.80 X 2 (if you are 2 people) = $103.60 . That leaves 46.40 to spend... that is not really a lot to worry about spending in my opinion. probably best to pay the prepaid tips and leave it at that. Pre order Cheers separately

As with pre-purchased excursions, when you order Cheers online pre-cruise, you pay for it at order time. I'm not aware of any way around that. If you're thinking you won't spend all your OBC, you might want to consider waiting to purchase Cheers until you board and the OBC will go towards the Cheers program but you'll pay a little more for it ($5/day I believe is the difference in price).

Do you pay for all of cheers upfront, or just the extra gratuities?

Do you pay for all of cheers upfront, or just the extra gratuities?

If you purchase Cheers! prior to your cruise (to save $5/day on the cost), you have to pay for the package and the gratuity on the package upfront. $402.10 for a 7 day cruise. If you purchase onboard, it will cost $442.35.