safety drill

haawwks27

i have not cruised in some time so pardon my ignorance.

i assume there is still the mandatory session for what to do in an emergency etc where everyone has to attend.

i have a 4yo on the spectrum and a 1.5 year old.

does anyone know if there are different times we can do this? the large crowds and long wait times may not be the greatest for us.

know it has to get done... just asking

does it help if im in a suite class?

It's a one time thing.

yes thanks. i just know that having a child on the spectrum "stand still" for an hour while there are loud alarm noises and people crowding everywhere is not the best cocktail for us.

was hoping they maybe offered a smaller session on requests.

We are travelling next month with a 3 year old and a 6 year old on the spectrum. We contacted RCL using the ‘Guest Special Services Form' you can download and email back within the ‘Discover > Ship Accessibility' section of the website regarding boarding and the muster drill. It is a generic form so ignore the sections that do not apply and there is a comments section where you can enter other questions or information you are concerned about. We also attached a letter to the email we have from the doctors concerning our childs diagnosis.

Advice is to speak to Gust Relations when you board regarding alternative arrangements for your child on the spectrum and an adult for the muster drill. Reading cruise critic it can vary ship to ship as to whether you join a smaller group and where the muster drill might take place. So my advice would be to check out the accessibility section of the website and email before you travel and speak to guest relations once on board - and print all your emails out before boarding.

We are travelling next month with a 3 year old and a 6 year old on the spectrum. We contacted RCL using the ‘Guest Special Services Form' you can download and email back within the ‘Discover > Ship Accessibility' section of the website regarding boarding and the muster drill. It is a generic form so ignore the sections that do not apply and there is a comments section where you can enter other questions or information you are concerned about. We also attached a letter to the email we have from the doctors concerning our childs diagnosis.

Advice is to speak to Gust Relations when you board regarding alternative arrangements for your child on the spectrum and an adult for the muster drill. Reading cruise critic it can vary ship to ship as to whether you join a smaller group and where the muster drill might take place. So my advice would be to check out the accessibility section of the website and email before you travel and speak to guest relations once on board - and print all your emails out before boarding.

great information! thank you

My 8 year old son has autism. Royal are great with autistic kids. On boarding talk to guest relations explain the situation. Every time we have had to do muster drill they have moved my son and I to another quieter place where we can sit and listen. They have never made us stand with the other passengers and have him upset by the sounds and the crowds. They have been wonderful.

Cruising is the best way to travel with kids on the spectrum. I really hope you and your family enjoy your holiday. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a number you can call tp get this done before you board, I have bad knees and will get a replacement between cruises next year, standing in one place for 30 mins is not good for my knee

You can't get it arranged before the cruise. Just go to Guest Services once onboard and they will accommodate you.

You don't even need to go to GS. When you get to your muster drill station just tell the person taking names that you cannot stand or you need to sit with your child and they will allow you to go inside and sit in a comfortable location. It's very easy. I've never been declined or questioned.

Loved my last cruise on Anthem. They do the safety drill inside in the different clubs and show venues. Got a seat, so no long standing. Was early December in NJ, so cold weather might of played into that. No fun standing for a hour in the cold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The same thing happened on Anthem during my cruise this past July. My muster station was in the wine bar. Great way to handle the drill.

Edited by parmagal
misspelling