Beverage package

MScouple

It has been 10 years since we cruised on Carnival and I just wanted to check in with people to see how things are working with the beverage package. The last time we cruised we had horrible wait times getting refills on our soda AKA pop refills. This became a major source of frustration for one of my cruise mates. Has it become any better? If not I may just cancel the packag. thanks in advance.

It seems to work as intended. There are fewer roving waiters (it seems), so, as the previous poster indicated, it is sometimes easier to get your own drink. If you do catch the attention of one of the roving waiters, tossing them a couple of dollars when they bring your drink will ensure they will be back, usually before you've finished your libation.

I just got back from my last cruise. I ordered the soda package but didn't drink enough to warrant the price. I mostly wanted a diet coke each morning ( which is like coffee to me). If we ate at the buffet, I had to go and find an open bar and order it myself. The sodas were served from warm cans into a glass of ice that melted quickly resulting in a watery soda. If we ate in the restaurant, the waiter had to order it from an open bar which took a while to arrive at the table.

Next time, I am going to order a couple of 6-packs to be delivered to my cabin before we leave. That way I can put them in the fridge and get them cold. Then I can carry them to wherever we are eating and just get a glass of ice. This will be a lot cheaper too. :D

Remember, each person in cabin can carry on a 12 pack in cans.

I thought about that but also wondered where I would get them. We are flying in the night before and won't have any transportation to a store to purchase any. I think I am going to just pay extra for the convenience of having them there and waiting on me. I'm spoiled. Ha Ha :D

We just got off the Paradise 9/7. It was always a long wait to get a soda at a bar even if they weren't busy. In the MDR it wasn't a problem. After the first time, our waiter automatically brought them each night. If I do cruise CCL again, I'll bring my own 12 pack. Too bad Carnival doesn't have the Coke Freestyle machines like Royal - they're great!

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Forums mobile app

I thought about that but also wondered where I would get them. We are flying in the night before and won't have any transportation to a store to purchase any. I think I am going to just pay extra for the convenience of having them there and waiting on me. I'm spoiled. Ha Ha :D

You can always take a cab or Uber ride to a grocery store. But I'd probably opt for paying extra to have a 6 pack in the room too. I don't really want to have to drag a pack of sodas around with me through the boarding process then around the ship until my room is ready.