Bringing Wine

Ofmyheart

We are flying in right before cruise (not really happy about this) and consequently chose to use RCL transfer to ship...just in case. Does anyone know if i can get wine at BCN or is there a store within walking distance of ship.

Have never flown into BCN & on previous trips never embarked in Barcelona.

Thanks in advance for advice

We are flying in right before cruise (not really happy about this) and consequently chose to use RCL transfer to ship...just in case. Does anyone know if i can get wine at BCN or is there a store within walking distance of ship.

Have never flown into BCN & on previous trips never embarked in Barcelona.

Thanks in advance for advice

There is a duty free shop in the cruise terminal that sells wine. No stores within wlaking distance of the ship, but there is a Carrefour market on Las Ramblas a short taxi ride away. There are also a couple of wine shops in the Boqueria also on Las Ramblas very close to the Carrefour.

I'm not sure about the terminal Royal uses but when I sailed out of Barcelona on Celebrity, there was a wine store in the terminal after going through security. Not only could I have gotten my two bottles there, I could have bought a case at that point as there was no other checks before boarding.

I'm not sure about the terminal Royal uses but when I sailed out of Barcelona on Celebrity, there was a wine store in the terminal after going through security. Not only could I have gotten my two bottles there, I could have bought a case at that point as there was no other checks before boarding.

I'm not sure if that varies from ship to ship. We embark in Barcelona next month. After going thru security with our allotted wine, and we get on board the ship without any security, I'll just head back out to the duty free shop to pick up a couple more bottles. :)

I'm not sure if that varies from ship to ship. We embark in Barcelona next month. After going thru security with our allotted wine, and we get on board the ship without any security, I'll just head back out to the duty free shop to pick up a couple more bottles. :)

Good luck. Our ship was doing x-ray scanning as we boarded.

I've never done a TA embarkation out of Barcelona, but out of Civitavecchia on Celebrity, once you go thru security, that's it, no check when you board the ship -- you just get a glass of champagne.

Couldn't you go on board with your 2 bottles, then get back off, go to the duty free and buy 2 more bottles, then when you go thru security (on embarkation) tell them that it's your 2 bottles of wine per stateroom? ;)

BCN Boarding on Royal there is a duty free shop AFTER security and check-in. You should be able to buy as many bottles as you want and take on board. Just make you can do this by going through once. If there is no additional scanner then bring a bag go down the same stairs and buy some other bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Couldn't you go on board with your 2 bottles, then get back off, go to the duty free and buy 2 more bottles, then when you go thru security (on embarkation) tell them that it's your 2 bottles of wine per stateroom? ;)

Probably.