Norwegian Dawn 9/15 Boston-Bermuda Hurricane Jose

Blueyekate

First Time cruiser here and of course it looks like Hurricane Jose is aiming at Bermuda. We are scheduled to leave on the Dawn out of Boston on 9/15. I understand sometimes they re-route to Canada if there is an issue with the hurricanes but when do they usually make that call? Anyone have experience with this itinerary making other arrangements like an extra sea day or something? Any wisdom is appreciated!

Advice is to go with the flow. Can't control the weather. Jose has been very unpredictable. NCL captains are very carful when it comes to the safety and comfort of their passengers. Have some clothes for mid-60's days in case you end up in Halifax doing a titanic tour.

We are going to Bermuda soon, and don't need any hurricane damage. And we have already done the titanic tour.

First Time cruiser here and of course it looks like Hurricane Jose is aiming at Bermuda. We are scheduled to leave on the Dawn out of Boston on 9/15. I understand sometimes they re-route to Canada if there is an issue with the hurricanes but when do they usually make that call? Anyone have experience with this itinerary making other arrangements like an extra sea day or something? Any wisdom is appreciated!

When do they make the call? From my limited experience, as late as possible. They continue to track the storm, look at options, see what ports they can go to and still try to stick to the original as long as possible.

Keep in mind, as they look at options, they also have to work hard to get the ship back in time for the next cruise if at all possible.

I'm sailing on the Dawn tomorrow 9/15. I feel like a meteorologist the way I have been tracking the weather the past few days/weeks. I just can't wait to relax by the pool rain or shine and sip some fruity drinks.

We just got got off Dawn 9-8-17.

We received notice at the terminal that we would be arriving early in Bermuda ( 9am ) for our safety. :halo:

Yeppers - I noticed on Bermuda Port Cam last Sunday that you'd arrived early :) for nothing!! lol.

How was your "longer than usual" cruise??

In 2010 hurricane Igor was following a similar track to Jose. We followed the weather reports right up to embarkation, with no announcement from NCL. We thought we'd be heading to Canada. At the terminal (Black Falcon), they handed out leaflets telling us that we'd be skirting the east coast, heading to Port Canaveral (8 hours), then Nassau (8 hours). We had a rocky trip both ways, but were so happy to sail south, instead of north. It was October, and we knew it would be cold in Canada.

Yeppers - I noticed on Bermuda Port Cam last Sunday that you'd arrived early :) for nothing!! lol.

How was your "longer than usual" cruise??

:) 3 full day's was very nice. :D

The beach had surf. To much for cliff jumping at Admiralty house park. ;p