Beach near port

jmdx2

There are three cruise ship piers on Cozumel - what ship and what date? :confused:

In general most of the popular beaches will be a taxi ride away from the pier areas; are you interested in snorkeling? Sandy beaches? Water toys? Parasail? Jet Skis? Travelling with kids? All-inclusive?

There are three cruise ship piers on Cozumel - what ship and what date? :confused:

In general most of the popular beaches will be a taxi ride away from the pier areas; are you interested in snorkeling? Sandy beaches? Water toys? Parasail? Jet Skis? Travelling with kids? All-inclusive?

Royal Caribbean. I have a five year old. Snorkeling would be good. Our itenirary was changed from Irma, so I'm last minute planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you want to focus on beach, or snorkeling...

Good beaches and good snorkeling are usually mutually exclusive.

Just from what I am seeing here on CC, taxis are reasonable in price (for a port) and reliable on Cozumel.

For snorkeling you could look at Money Bar, Sky Reef, or go all out and go to Chankanaab.

For beaches, there are several beach clubs, with fun for kids. Paradise beach, Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia, etc.

I hope that you do not find Cozumel too awfully over-crowded, due to many re-routed cruises!!!

Playa Mia attracts lots of kids/families with its kiddie water park -- check their web site, they offer lots of packages with food/drinks/transport

Paradise Beach would be my other suggestion -- pay as you go, $3 admission/chair rental, nice beach, great facilities, HUGE pool.

Taxi to either will be about $17 each way (fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab)

Royal Caribbean. I have a five year old. Snorkeling would be good. Our itenirary was changed from Irma, so I'm last minute planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely Chankanaab with a five year old. Everything there including as sea lion show. Nice kids beach, snorkeling ect

If you do want to just walk there are two hotels that offer day passes. We went to El Cid and my son was 7. He enjoyed it. There is a pool and the snorkeling was nice. I didn't get the all inclusive and it was $20 for me. He was free. It included money towards the bar food or drinks. I got us two virgin drinks. Because we were so close to the ship I didn't bother eating there. It was not as good as I hear chakanaab or playa mia are but we could walk and it was inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If you do want to just walk there are two hotels that offer day passes. We went to El Cid and my son was 7. He enjoyed it. There is a pool and the snorkeling was nice. I didn't get the all inclusive and it was $20 for me. He was free. It included money towards the bar food or drinks. I got us two virgin drinks. Because we were so close to the ship I didn't bother eating there. It was not as good as I hear chakanaab or playa mia are but we could walk and it was inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I agree Chankanaab or Playa Mia would be good suggestions but I also agree with MamatoJack that the two hotels just north of International Pier are good choices if you want to walk and avoid taxi fares.

El CID is a good choice for a short time - we have also done the cheaper pass mentioned by PP but they do offer AI as well. Our preference for more than a couple of hours would be AI at Park Royal next door, but the hours of day pass are 11-6pm so it does depend to some extent on your port hours. You can access earlier but food and drinks are from 11am.