Carnival fascination sept 24th 2017

Cruise4me1978

Yes we are Spose to fly to San Juan tomorrow and stay for 2 nights before we go on the cruise on Sunday .. but we have received nothing on the itinerary change and if I cancel tomorrow we will only get the port fees back .. so I am hoping that carnival cancels so we get all our money back,,, but we only have until 2 pm tomorrow to cancel and if I cancel I get port fees back and if I don't cancel and carnival doesn't cancel I GET NOTHING BACK .. this is my 5 th cruise with carnival and up until now I was very happy with the service but I can't believe they won't Refund us or give us a credit for future ...

Your cruise will be cancelled and you won't lose your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe I read on another thread that the Fascination is going to Fort Lauderdale this weekend to debark passengers who want to get off, then plans to return to San Juan on Monday to deliver humanitarian supplies and debark the rest of the passengers. As we saw in Galveston, that Monday plan might turn out to be a bit farther along in the calendar before they can make use of the port in San Juan.

Thinking of all of you and your different scenarios. Please remember, you are not the only ones affected. While not forgotten about, you are not a top priority for Carnival at the moment. They have to first help the individuals that are stuck on a ship or assist in port rebuilds. There are so many others in worse shape or need immediate help. Ride it out, Carnival will do the right thing. There are so many factors here...stranded guests, ports destroyed, islands trying to accommodate itinerary changes, multiple other cruise lines. Just be thankful you are safe and not someone who has lost everything in this disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe I read on another thread that the Fascination is going to Fort Lauderdale this weekend to debark passengers who want to get off, then plans to return to San Juan on Monday to deliver humanitarian supplies and debark the rest of the passengers. As we saw in Galveston, that Monday plan might turn out to be a bit farther along in the calendar before they can make use of the port in San Juan.

Not the Fascination... Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas. Carnival has not, to my knowledge, announced plans for the Fascination yet.

I've read that for Royal's AoS but I hadn't seen that for Fascination as yet.

These are extraordinary events. I know I would be driving myself crazy with not knowing what was happening if I were scheduled to sail out of San Juan this weekend. But I would also know that eventually things will get worked out to my general satisfaction a lot more quickly and easily than it will for the millions of people who are so affected by the storms of the last couple of weeks.

We're on the 12/3 cruise as well and just trying to be a patient as we can waiting for more time to pass. Things can change at a different pace as time goes on and we might all be surprised how quickly some things change for the better.

It's easier said than done but, I'll take a breath and chill a little for the time being. And yes, before someone brings it up, we too have paid for flights that are not refundable so it could cost us as well. I just keep telling myself we're better off then the folks down there right now. I can handle loosing a few hundred bucks rather than loosing my home and possibly, livelihood.

We're on the 12/3 cruise as well and just trying to be a patient as we can waiting for more time to pass. Things can change at a different pace as time goes on and we might all be surprised how quickly some things change for the better.

It's easier said than done but, I'll take a breath and chill a little for the time being. And yes, before someone brings it up, we too have paid for flights that are not refundable so it could cost us as well. I just keep telling myself we're better off then the folks down there right now. I can handle loosing a few hundred bucks rather than loosing my home and possibly, livelihood.

Pyrate13, I hope we all can still go on our cruise 12/3. It sucks if you loose money on your airline tickets. My sister booked our flights but we paid for travel insurance just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't have a cruise booked until next fall, but have been to San Juan, St. Thomas etc. on several occasions. I am such a planner, and we wait a year and a half to two years to save enough money to cruise, that it would drive me crazy to be so up in the air. DH and I lost a cruise to a broken arm at the midpoint of a b2b and had another cruise severely dampened by a fire aboard the Liberty,

My best advise, sit tight and remember how blessed each and every one of us to be able to take vacations like this at all. My heart is sickened to see the devastation on all of these formerly beautiful islands. Probably the best thing we can do, as cruisers, long term for these islands is to spend lots of money when we do return. The economies of these islands will need tourist dollars more than ever.