When do we get our sail and sign card?

stacyluh

We were on the Sunshine in September and we got our cards at check in. At the most it was 20 minutes, maybe 25 from the minute we walked Into the terminal to standing in our cabin. The longest wait was security.

Maybe these other ports should take lessons from NYC. [emoji12] Each time we cruise from there we are on the ship faster than before. We have never had to wait very long at all. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up without running [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just in the valor in Galveston on October 2. We had 1130 check in, got to Galveston at 1022am, parked, shuttled to the port, dropped luggage and were sitting down eating guys burgers at 1130am. Best thing ever,, I preloaded our credit card and passport info and did not have FTTF or anything. They checked our passports, marked our boarding pass and sent us to security. Once we scanned our bags, we went to the soda wine table to check things there. We then went to boarding area, sat for five mins then group 8 was called, One final scan of our Passport with the iPad and we were told to go aboard. It took us longer to walk the ramp than it did the whole check in. I think people who had to add money were the ones standing in guest services once we got onboard. For us, we breezed by. My hair was very different on my passport so one of the ladies retook my photo but this was as we were coming back onboard in Cozumel.

Sign and sail cards were in an envelope in our mailbox. They are sealed in an envelope like the one you get when a bank sends you a new PIN number in the mail. They tell you if it has been tampered with, report immediately. The cards are not visible through the envelope because if they were someone could use your number. This was a record for us to get on the ship so fast. Now outside, they were checking your boarding to make sure you were in the earliest group . We never stopped outside once we got off the shuttle bus, it was constant movement. We did have a longer time getting off the ship than normal. We docked at 6am or so and didn't get off the ship until 1130. No issues but we were in group 27 to debark out of 31 groups. We will be platinum with our next cruise so we did all of that so fast without any status or FTTF. Just sheer efficiency on the part of the port of Galveston and the carnival team members.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The friend who I asked to confirm the new check in process was on the same sailing and described it pretty much the same as you =) I have sailed from Galveston on several ocassions, the most recent being Feb and May, just before these changes. Im not back til March, but I think its great!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

As promised - our S&S card was at check-in, on land, for our recent trip on Miracle out of Long Beach. We were very early in boarding (before out designated time of 12:30). Just after we got our S&S cards, they collected all the envelopes behind the counters. Not sure if they were being taken on board or what.

I got off Fascination last week (last sailing before she went to FEMA duty) and we got our S&S cards at check in.

It was an interesting experience because the ship was in Jacksonville the night before to complete a cruise then headed to Canaveral to set sail for the next. So the crew had a day off (good for them). And everyone's room was ready when they got on board.

I don't think Carnival offered FTTF, and if they did I sure hope no one paid for it.