When do we get our sail and sign card?

stacyluh

Is this confirmed to be the new process on all ships, or is it still just on a few? Specifically wondering about Conquest...

Last month on the Conquest, they gave you your card before you got on the ship. There was a line to get your card but it moved very quickly as they had someone directing you to the next available representative which kept things moving.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I heard they were doing something new on carnival and hanging your sail and sign card on your door? I am cruising tomorrow. Is this true? And when do they hang it on the door? How will they know I purchased cheers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They put a little square sticker on your sign and sail card to indicate you have cheers program as well!

Last month on the Breeze, cards were in the mailbox

Thanks for the info on the Breeze. I sailed in May and they were still doing things the old way. I am taking a group of mostly new cruisers in March and wondered if you can tell me how the check in process has changed as a result of this ? I would like to update my explanation of the check in process at Galveston for my little group. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info on the Breeze. I sailed in May and they were still doing things the old way. I am taking a group of mostly new cruisers in March and wondered if you can tell me how the check in process has changed as a result of this ? I would like to update my explanation of the check in process at Galveston for my little group. Thanks again!

I cannot speak much to what has changed beside the card being in the mailbox since this was our first cruise in 10 years. We had FTTF and in a suite, so check in was very quick and easy for us. We had selected one of the earliest check in times, but Carnival sent an email to us the day before departure asking us to wait an additional hour before we showed up at the terminal, which we did. There was no wait in the priority check in line, but the regular check in line was well out the door of the terminal. Once inside, we were directed to check in desk and then straight on board. Whole process took maybe 15 minutes. We were thankful to have priority, as it was extremely hot that day in Galveston.

It should be similar to Miami as far as the second line is eliminated unless you need to set up a cash account or change form of payment for your S&S card. Both of which can be done onboard. Here's my experience in Miami.

You now have your documents checked as you enter the terminal before security. Then you go to the lounge to wait to board. You will hang on to your Boarding Pass and they scan that with iPads instead of the old A-Pass machines. Your Boarding Pass acts as your S&S card until your cabin is ready which if you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF is upon boarding. If not, then it's about 1PM. They will be in your mailbox at that time and then it's all the same. Hope this helps.

Thats what I wondered, if galveston was down to just the pre-security document check or if you still had to do the 2nd checkin desk.

Since one of the reasons for this new way is to expedite check in, then the second line should be eliminated just like at the other ports. Hopefully someone who has cruised from here can give confirmation.

Since one of the reasons for this new way is to expedite check in, then the second line should be eliminated just like at the other ports. Hopefully someone who has cruised from here can give confirmation.

I believe you are correct. However, they asked us to stop by the 2nd desk because we set up our S&S account as cash. At the time I felt this was unnecessary as I had purchased some cruise cash ahead of time to fund the account. The person at that desk had a hard time understanding that I already had credit to fund the account. Finally, I convinced her that I didn't need to add cash and she moved us on.

I believe you are correct. However, they asked us to stop by the 2nd desk because we set up our S&S account as cash. At the time I felt this was unnecessary as I had purchased some cruise cash ahead of time to fund the account. The person at that desk had a hard time understanding that I already had credit to fund the account. Finally, I convinced her that I didn't need to add cash and she moved us on.

They tried to get me to do that too I just told them “Yeah, OK” and skipped it. I had Cruise Cash too.

Also just remembered, she told us that will still needed to stop by GS once on the ship because of this. We only did this because it had been so long since last cruise and we could use the FTTF line there. Of course GS told us immediately, that we were good to go. Sounds like their terminal agents need some additional training! ;p

Also just remembered, she told us that will still needed to stop by GS once on the ship because of this. We only did this because it had been so long since last cruise and we could use the FTTF line there. Of course GS told us immediately, that we were good to go. Sounds like their terminal agents need some additional training! ;p

Yep. I agree.

Just out of curiosity, is Miracle placing the cards at the cabin? We sail in November. It really makes no difference either way but just like to know what to expect. Well, I need to know if I need to keep out the boarding pass for the celebratory martini at the atrium bar. :D

Just out of curiosity, is Miracle placing the cards at the cabin? We sail in November. It really makes no difference either way but just like to know what to expect. Well, I need to know if I need to keep out the boarding pass for the celebratory martini at the atrium bar. :D

Not sure, but you will know as soon as you enter the terminal. They give you a card like this

b415f067bcfedd3e017f05d404aad5a5.jpg