When do we get our sail and sign card?

stacyluh

Our last cruise, back in October, we got our S&S cards at the airport while waiting for the Carnival transport bus. This is even faster than having them delivered to your mailbox. Will this become a thing of the past???

They no longer do that for sailings that have the cards in the mailboxes. You get your card with everyone else. There’s no point in doing airport check in now because you still have to show your ID at the little desk out front. Doesn’t take them any more time to finish the check in process right then and there.

They no longer do that for sailings that have the cards in the mailboxes. You get your card with everyone else. There’s no point in doing airport check in now because you still have to show your ID at the little desk out front. Doesn’t take them any more time to finish the check in process right then and there.
Okay. Thanks for answering my question. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I heard they were doing something new on carnival and hanging your sail and sign card on your door? I am cruising tomorrow. Is this true? And when do they hang it on the door? How will they know I purchased cheers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the Breeze now. Our S & S card was in our mailbox outside our stateroom at 1:20 PM.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leave the ship?

Their whole take on it is completely wrong. The doors are not left open, no one will be attacked, and someone who is on the ship is either a passenger, crew member, or someone that has clearance to be there. No one is going to attack someone and run off. I don’t know where people come up with these outlandish scenarios.

Do they still take your picture that pops up when your card is scanned?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

If you need one or they can use your Passport photo.

Your pictures were never put directly on your card to begin with. The cards have always been in an envelope behind the counter and the check in person grabbed it, opened it up, and handed them to you along with the envelope. Your picture has always been and remains in the system linked to your information. Not once was your card scanned to “put” your picture directly on it.

If you need one or they can use your Passport photo.

Your pictures were never put directly on your card to begin with. The cards have always been in an envelope behind the counter and the check in person grabbed it, opened it up, and handed them to you along with the envelope. Your picture has always been and remains in the system linked to your information. Not once was your card scanned to “put” your picture directly on it.

Not sure that would be the best idea. Remember passports are goof for 10yrs, people's apperances can change alot in 10yrs. For example I got my passport when I turned 16, i'm 25 now and my passport is still valid with my 16y/o picture and I look just a taaaad bit different now.;p

Not sure that would be the best idea. Remember passports are goof for 10yrs, people's apperances can change alot in 10yrs. For example I got my passport when I turned 16, i'm 25 now and my passport is still valid with my 16y/o picture and I look just a taaaad bit different now.;p

That’s why if you need a picture as in you don’t have a Passport or it doesn’t look like you anymore, they take one.

Very dangerous. That will stop once someone gets attacked. Doors are left open. Perfect to ambush someone, rob them and leave the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you cite any actual event to backup this assertion? I have never read of this happening.:confused:

We were just in the valor in Galveston on October 2. We had 1130 check in, got to Galveston at 1022am, parked, shuttled to the port, dropped luggage and were sitting down eating guys burgers at 1130am. Best thing ever,, I preloaded our credit card and passport info and did not have FTTF or anything. They checked our passports, marked our boarding pass and sent us to security. Once we scanned our bags, we went to the soda wine table to check things there. We then went to boarding area, sat for five mins then group 8 was called, One final scan of our Passport with the iPad and we were told to go aboard. It took us longer to walk the ramp than it did the whole check in. I think people who had to add money were the ones standing in guest services once we got onboard. For us, we breezed by. My hair was very different on my passport so one of the ladies retook my photo but this was as we were coming back onboard in Cozumel.

Sign and sail cards were in an envelope in our mailbox. They are sealed in an envelope like the one you get when a bank sends you a new PIN number in the mail. They tell you if it has been tampered with, report immediately. The cards are not visible through the envelope because if they were someone could use your number. This was a record for us to get on the ship so fast. Now outside, they were checking your boarding to make sure you were in the earliest group . We never stopped outside once we got off the shuttle bus, it was constant movement. We did have a longer time getting off the ship than normal. We docked at 6am or so and didn't get off the ship until 1130. No issues but we were in group 27 to debark out of 31 groups. We will be platinum with our next cruise so we did all of that so fast without any status or FTTF. Just sheer efficiency on the part of the port of Galveston and the carnival team members.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very dangerous. That will stop once someone gets attacked. Doors are left open. Perfect to ambush someone, rob them and leave the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG! If you truly believe this, don't even consider using any form of public accommodations! :confused: