Brilliance of the Seas questions

KPookey

Which is better Chops or Giovanni's Table? Are they worth the fee?

What is best way to keep in touch with my daughter in Pennsylvania while at sea? I am taken aback by the internet fee. I just want to check in a few times (Sailing Tampa-GrandCaymen-Cozumel).

Can anyone recommend a beach we can go to via taxi while in Grand Caymen?

Thanks.

Check with your cellular carrier for the price of texting while at sea. If you will be sending a just a few texts per day, it may be less expensive for you to pay by the text. AT&T charges $0.50 per text sent.

My preference is for Chops Grille and in my opinion is absolutely worth the fee. The internet fee is something that gets debated every few days. I like to keep in touch with those friends and family back home, and I like the really good speeds as they are almost as fast as land based service providers. I don’t sail with any other lines so I have to idea what they offer but it is 1,000 times better than what it used to be.

You can keep your cell with you and many carriers have international rates, and of course you can always call your daughter from your stateroom phone but if the internet fee was disconcerting when you see the phone bill you may need a tranquilizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My preference is for Chops Grille and in my opinion is absolutely worth the fee. The internet fee is something that gets debated every few days. I like to keep in touch with those friends and family back home, and I like the really good speeds as they are almost as fast as land based service providers. I don’t sail with any other lines so I have to idea what they offer but it is 1,000 times better than what it used to be.

You can keep your cell with you and many carriers have international rates, and of course you can always call your daughter from your stateroom phone but if the internet fee was disconcerting when you see the phone bill you may need a tranquilizer.

When you arrive on Grand Cayman, take a bus to Seven Mile Beach it’s a pubic beach and is free. Here is a link to the bus routes

http://www.thecaymanislands.ky/car-rental/bus-service/

Which is better Chops or Giovanni's Table? Are they worth the fee?

What is best way to keep in touch with my daughter in Pennsylvania while at sea? I am taken aback by the internet fee. I just want to check in a few times (Sailing Tampa-GrandCaymen-Cozumel).

Can anyone recommend a beach we can go to via taxi while in Grand Caymen?

Thanks.

I like Giovanni's better, and they also have a good Steak. As far as the internet. What carrier do you have? ATT you can have unlimited talk, text and data for $10.00 a day for each port. If you were going on a longer cruise it is $40, $60, and I think $120. Each price point has unlimited texting, and a limited amount of data. Does not include talk, but many times you can talk on wifi areas. These packages are not on the ship.

On the ship, you can text, and it is $0.10 incoming, and $0.50 outgoing. If all you want is a simple check up, than text. (just make sure you have data turned off always!!!!). My texting bill on the ship is always under $3.00.

Generally speaking, I always get the ATT package, and keep my phone data off on the ship. I actually use data on land for mapping, suggestions, directions, etc. I also check up on the news, quickly, and send out some pictures etc to my family.

For the money, Giovanni's is a better experience. If I ahd pre-booked it was $25 vs. $29 on board. Chop's was $35.

On our recent Brilliance Med. cruise, my kids signed us up for a Verizon (Travel Pass?)plan which charges $10 per day while in port or while ship is docked only. Only charged a daily fee when you turn your phone on and includes unlimited talk.

We are on Equinox right now and went to Grand Cayman on Sunday. Taxi from port with Christine (her van will hold 12 and we asked for her by name in taxi area) cost us $4 pp. She asked how long we wished to stay and came back to get us at the appointed time. We went to Royal Palms At Seven Mile Beach.

$12 a chair & $15 for umbrella. Very Clean place with changing rooms, bathrooms, bar & food available. Beach & water beautiful. There is also an area where you can just spread a towel with no cost. But there is a $2 fee pp if you are visiting any day but Sunday.

We are on Equinox right now and went to Grand Cayman on Sunday. Taxi from port with Christine (her van will hold 12 and we asked for her by name in taxi area) cost us $4 pp. She asked how long we wished to stay and came back to get us at the appointed time. We went to Royal Palms At Seven Mile Beach.

$12 a chair & $15 for umbrella. Very Clean place with changing rooms, bathrooms, bar & food available. Beach & water beautiful. There is also an area where you can just spread a towel with no cost. But there is a $2 fee pp if you are visiting any day but Sunday.

???? :o

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing BOS Dec 28th for NYE. We enjoy specialty dining but don’t see that packages are being offered on cruise planner like other cruises we’ve been on. Does anyone know why? Are the packages not offered during holidays? I don’t seem to be getting a straight answer from RCCL. Thx

We are sailing BOS Dec 28th for NYE. We enjoy specialty dining but don’t see that packages are being offered on cruise planner like other cruises we’ve been on. Does anyone know why? Are the packages not offered during holidays? I don’t seem to be getting a straight answer from RCCL. Thx

You may not see the packages for a holiday cruise. Additionally, you may find the regular prices jacked up, especially for NYE.