Cancel Cuba cruise?

LanaOS

A group of us are scheduled to sail on the Empress to Cuba Oct. 2. Some in the party want to cancel and Royal is offering 100 percent credit. Others, however, don't want to cancel. Just wondering if anyone out there is contemplating canceling Cuba in the next few weeks.

I have family on the Oct 16 cruise which does not yet offer a refund I don't believe. They are closely watching the boards to see how cruises this week are doing and how things are going. They also have not yet cancelled the key west stop for that itinerary because it's supposed to be opened by the end of their cruise. Would love to see more reports from cruisers going in September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A group of us are scheduled to sail on the Empress to Cuba Oct. 2. Some in the party want to cancel and Royal is offering 100 percent credit. Others, however, don't want to cancel. Just wondering if anyone out there is contemplating canceling Cuba in the next few weeks.

Do they have a specific reason for wanting to cancel? I booked for October, and it never crossed my mind to cancel although I a bit sad I won't be also going to Key West. Yes, Irma swept past Cuba, as well as my house in Florida. Cuba is doing the same as many areas in Florida, picking up and getting back to a normal life. Yes, they sustained damage, but the area was already crumbling, so what you might see might have already existed before Irma.

I'm going, and my guess the tourist area will be cleaned up by the time I arrive.

The advisory was issued Sept 18 stating travel in north central Cuba should be avoided as it suffered severe damage with outages of power and water. However, traveling just to Havana, you should have no problems as the port city even at that time was recovering with power and water service restored already.

We are looking forward to our Oct 30 Empress cruise and expecting that we will still be able to stop in Key West as originally scheduled.