Help Us with Magic Cove Balcony input please

kcdancerkc

i believe I want to try one , but with 3 conditions if this even exists

1. Not near directly below lifeboats

2. Close to water

3. No plexiglass

Is there such a thing on this ship?

Just for fun....are these priced different than run of the mill balcony we usually book?

I have spent an hour on YouTube but have not been able to find all three on wish list!

Thanks much. :cool:

there is no plexiglass on coves, almost all are directly below lifeboats... which is a good thing.. its like having a awning on a house... it's always shady making it more pleasant to be on the balcony. also no on can look down into your balcony. They are the closest balconies to the water.

BUT what ever you do DO NOT book one under the GALLEY. My husband is in the military, he can sleep through live fire... he and I, despite a white noise generator could not sleep at all in our room below the galley. It sounded like a bowling alley above our heads with crashes so loud and hard the walls would shake lasting from about 11 pm or midnight until 5-6 am minimum if they ever stopped at all. It was so bad carnival comped our 350$ worth of shore excursions and gave us 20% off a future cruise.... we would have rather had sleep ty.

All cove balconies are on deck 2. They are categorized as 7 C and are the least expensive balconies on the Dream Class ships.

Those approximately even with the glass elevators in the atrium are under a gap in the lifeboats. All others get shade a good part of the day because of the lifeboats.

None has a plexiglass wall.

Book forward of the midship elevators to avoid being under the galley,

We enjoyed ours tremendously.

We have been on the first cove on Magic starboard side and the first cove on Breeze port side. These are our favorite cabins we've ever had. NO noise in either one (except for the overly exuberant college kids on the first afternoon. That quietened down quickly and we had peace and quiet thereafter. Someone must've complained, but it wasn't us). If every

ship had cove balconies, that's all I would ever book. Just a little more expensive than oceanview, and it's amazing to be so close to the water. The shade from the lifeboats was a plus for us.

Cabin 7262 has plexiglass on YouTube I guess the ones higher up do?

I will wait patiently for everyones input

Cabin 7262 is on the Empress Deck #7 and is not a Cove balcony. All cove balconies are located on Deck #2 and none have plexiglass covering the opening that I know of.

I was mislead on youtube, cause many videos labeled cove balcony lol that were not ! Hubby insists he must find one without lifeboat in front of one we book for 2019. Thanks!

Lifeboat will not be in FRONT of the balcony, but ABOVE it. You will have a clear view to the horizon and down to the water.

OK, after looking at exterior photos and counting the cove balconies that are not under the lifeboats, then comparing to deckplans. Here is a list of cabins which do not have lifeboats over them.

2268-2272-2276-2280-2293(confirm by youtube video)-2297-2301-2305-2408-2412-2414-2437-2439-2441

Hope this helps out anyone looking for a cove without a lifeboat above it. I know I found very little info on this subject.

OK, after looking at exterior photos and counting the cove balconies that are not under the lifeboats, then comparing to deckplans. Here is a list of cabins which do not have lifeboats over them.

2268-2272-2276-2280-2293(confirm by youtube video)-2297-2301-2305-2408-2412-2414-2437-2439-2441

Hope this helps out anyone looking for a cove without a lifeboat above it. I know I found very little info on this subject.

OP, whatever you do, do NOT book 2439. We stayed in that cabin, and it's under the galley. All night, every night, it sounded like they were throwing pots and pans onto the floor as hard as they could. The coves are AMAZING, but make sure you are not under the galley even remotely. Trust me, a lifeboat is much more preferable. We have also stayed in 2264 and it was amazing.

We stayed twice as in 2268. No lifeboat above and silent (below shore excursions desk). But as others have said, all cove balcony cabins are on deck 2, below the lifeboats. We love them!

This would be the cabin I would choose. We were two away (toward aft) and had a partial lifeboat blocking view above. 2268 would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also prefer the coves to any other balconies. Using deck plans, we use the elevators as reference points, to see what is above/below the cove. We always try to be forward of the mid ship elevators. We also like to be on port side, watching people board the ship is a fun past time for us. The lifeboats above are a plus in our opinion.

Sorry, I was going to add some pics of cabin 2268, however I cannot seem to find a program to do it... seems Ohotobucket no longer has a free option, imagur does not process and I have subscription to Smugmug but that will not work either... so I give up on posting pics to this site... sigh!